openHAB 4.1 Milestone discussion

This topic can be used for any discussions around the openHAB 4.1 Milestone builds as it has been announced in openHAB 4.1 Milestone Builds.

4 Likes

Hello, the volumio enhancements are integrated?

Please provide links to specific PRs on GitHub.

Do builds for 4.0 run on 4.1 or should we create separate builds for bindings?

Hello @Kai
Maybe not related and sorry in advance if yes. I have the felling lately that openhab needs a roadmap that the community can vote so that maintainers and users can devote their time on solving actual needs voted by the community even though I understand developers devote their time towards their interest topic still I think it will push the effort into having proper user friendly solutions needed by the community.
Again I apologize if I highjacked the post.

4 Likes

Yes, that PR is included. It is not listed on the release notes as there is no functional change or bug fixed.

1 Like

Please start your own thread. Only comment I have is that we have github and also a bounty system already in place that can be used, but please talk about that in a new thread.

Since last update to Milestone 4.1 I can see that my Eurotronics Sprit radiator thermostat is not initialising anymore.
In the log file I there is:

2023-09-11 07:54:37.613 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'zwave:device:711ae217:node54' changed from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING): {config_2_1=The value 5 does not match allowed parameter options. Allowed options are: [ParameterOption [value="0", label="No Timeout LCD always on"]], config_5_1=The value 1 does not match allowed parameter options. Allowed options are: [ParameterOption [value="0", label="Unsolicited Temperature reporting disabled"]], config_6_1=The value 1 does not match allowed parameter options. Allowed options are: [ParameterOption [value="0", label="Unsolicited valve opening percentage reporting disabled."]]} to UNINITIALIZED

Since it it is FLIRS device so it canā€™t be woken up. It should be initialised automatically.
Maybe last database changes broke something?

FYI @chris

I am at Snapshot version 4.1.
I would really like to change now to the 4.1 milestone release on my raspberry.

Which options in config menu do I need to use for this? 1 and 2 or 40?
Thanks!

Donā€™t have the device, but noticed the ā€œLimit to Optionsā€ was set incorrectly on these params. It was recently modified by someone on August 22. Fixed and marked for review. Should be in the next snapshot.

In 4.1.0.M1 I have these messages in the log (it was not the case in 4.0.2):

2023-09-11 03:25:46.845 [WARN ] [ab.core.internal.events.EventHandler] - Dispatching event to subscriber 'org.openhab.core.io.monitor.internal.EventLogger@3bb4702f' takes more than 5000ms.
2023-09-11 03:33:46.979 [WARN ] [ab.core.internal.events.EventHandler] - Dispatching event to subscriber 'org.openhab.core.io.monitor.internal.EventLogger@3bb4702f' takes more than 5000ms.
2023-09-11 04:00:51.997 [WARN ] [ab.core.internal.events.EventHandler] - Dispatching event to subscriber 'org.openhab.core.io.monitor.internal.EventLogger@3bb4702f' takes more than 5000ms.
2023-09-11 04:04:59.670 [WARN ] [ab.core.internal.events.EventHandler] - Dispatching event to subscriber 'org.openhab.core.io.monitor.internal.EventLogger@3bb4702f' takes more than 5000ms.
2023-09-11 04:10:45.129 [WARN ] [ab.core.internal.events.EventHandler] - Dispatching event to subscriber 'org.openhab.core.io.monitor.internal.EventLogger@3bb4702f' takes more than 5000ms.
2023-09-11 05:08:03.258 [WARN ] [ab.core.internal.events.EventHandler] - Dispatching event to subscriber 'org.openhab.core.io.monitor.internal.EventLogger@3bb4702f' takes more than 5000ms.
2023-09-11 06:20:33.809 [WARN ] [ab.core.internal.events.EventHandler] - Dispatching event to subscriber 'org.openhab.core.io.monitor.internal.EventLogger@3bb4702f' takes more than 5000ms.

After upgrade to 4.1.0 M1, I have title bar above every chart in a sitemap:

There is no icon or label set.
Is there any possibility to get rid of this bar?

You canā€™t get rid of this bar (the icons at right) but you can avoid the icon and the label by adding label=ā€œā€ and icon=ā€œnoneā€ to the sitemap chart element.

PS: your icon and label are probably coming from your group item (if not defined on your sitemap element).
PS2: your legend icon should be colored as I see the legend in your chart. Maybe a bugā€¦

icon="none" did it. I tried icon="".

There is no label or icon set for the group item. Neither in the icon definition nor in the sitemap. So the name of the group is displayed.

That is OK now. May be there had to be a restart of the browser. Just found a little typo. :wink:

Would it be possible to set an item value as label to get something like this?

And then you get the default icon associated to the sitemap element.

Just found a little typo

I will fix it,

Would it be possible to set an item value as label to get something like this?

The value of the item linked to the sitemap element (group item value if you linked to a group item) ? That is a possible enhancement but note that on a phone, with the 4 buttons at right, we have not a lot of place to add a new data (value).

Iā€™m thinking about the value of any item. It must not stay in relation to the group or item of the chart. Something like label="AuƟentemperatur [WS_Temperatur_aussen]"

1 Like

Iā€™ve just noticed none of my sitemap label colours are working. Value colours seem to be fine, but label colours, whether conditional or not donā€™t seem to work anywhere. Can anybody confirm?

Regional Settings: I have Firefox parametrized for portuguese and openHAB 4.1.0.M1 parametrized for english. Nevertheless MainUI takes a mix of both languages in some screens, such as this