openHAB 4.2 Milestone discussion

This topic can be used for any discussions around the openHAB 4.2 Milestone builds as it has been announced in openHAB 4.2 Milestone Builds .

3 Likes

Thanks for that milestone update. Really good job.
What I have found during the first run:

1. frontail
2024-03-03 22:01:59.172 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed to refresh bundles after processing config update

org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=kar; type=karaf.feature; version="[4.4.4,4.4.4]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=kar)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=4.4.4)(version<=4.4.4))" [caused by: Unable to resolve kar/4.4.4: missing requirement [kar/4.4.4] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.apache.karaf.kar.core; type=osgi.bundle; version="[4.4.4,4.4.4]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.apache.karaf.kar.core/4.4.4: missing requirement [org.apache.karaf.kar.core/4.4.4] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.osgi.framework)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.eclipse.osgi/3.18.0.v20220516-2155: missing requirement [org.eclipse.osgi/3.18.0.v20220516-2155] osgi.ee; filter:="(| (&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8)) (&(osgi.ee=JavaSE/compact1)(version=1.8)) )"]]]

at org.apache.felix.resolver.Candidates$MissingRequirementError.toException(Candidates.java:1341) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.doResolve(ResolverImpl.java:433) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:420) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.resolver.ResolverImpl.resolve(ResolverImpl.java:374) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.SubsystemResolver.resolve(SubsystemResolver.java:256) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:399) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1069) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1004) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:840) [?:?]

Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve kar/4.4.4: missing requirement [kar/4.4.4] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.apache.karaf.kar.core; type=osgi.bundle; version="[4.4.4,4.4.4]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.apache.karaf.kar.core/4.4.4: missing requirement [org.apache.karaf.kar.core/4.4.4] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.osgi.framework)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.eclipse.osgi/3.18.0.v20220516-2155: missing requirement [org.eclipse.osgi/3.18.0.v20220516-2155] osgi.ee; filter:="(| (&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8)) (&(osgi.ee=JavaSE/compact1)(version=1.8)) )"]]

at org.apache.felix.resolver.Candidates$MissingRequirementError.toException(Candidates.java:1341) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

... 12 more

Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve org.apache.karaf.kar.core/4.4.4: missing requirement [org.apache.karaf.kar.core/4.4.4] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.osgi.framework)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))" [caused by: Unable to resolve org.eclipse.osgi/3.18.0.v20220516-2155: missing requirement [org.eclipse.osgi/3.18.0.v20220516-2155] osgi.ee; filter:="(| (&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8)) (&(osgi.ee=JavaSE/compact1)(version=1.8)) )"]

... 12 more

Caused by: org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve org.eclipse.osgi/3.18.0.v20220516-2155: missing requirement [org.eclipse.osgi/3.18.0.v20220516-2155] osgi.ee; filter:="(| (&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8)) (&(osgi.ee=JavaSE/compact1)(version=1.8)) )"

... 12 more
  1. Linux console
[openHAB] Listing important changes for version 4.2.0:
  Warning:  AndroidTV Binding: The thing configuration of 'port' has been renamed and split to 'googletvPort' and 'shieldtvPort'
  Warning:  ISM8 Binding: Most channels have changed and are now using Units of Measurements. Items must be adapted and the things must be recreated.

[openHAB] Running JSON Database upgrade tool (${OPENHAB_RUNTIME}/bin/upgradetool.jar).
[main] INFO org.openhab.core.tools.internal.Upgrader - Already executed 'itemCopyUnitToMetadata' on 2023-05-25T09:21:38.100603537+02:00[Europe/Warsaw]. Use '--force'  to execute it again.
[main] INFO org.openhab.core.tools.internal.Upgrader - Already executed 'linkUpgradeJsProfile' on 2023-05-25T09:21:38.225637426+02:00[Europe/Warsaw]. Use '--force'  to execute it again.
[main] INFO org.openhab.core.tools.internal.Upgrader - Upgrading script profile configuration in database '/var/lib/openhab/jsondb/org.openhab.core.thing.link.ItemChannelLink.json'
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "String.matches(String)" because "profileName" is null
        at org.openhab.core.tools.internal.Upgrader.lambda$6(Upgrader.java:263)
        at java.base/java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Iterable.java:75)
        at org.openhab.core.tools.internal.Upgrader.linkUpgradeScriptProfile(Upgrader.java:259)
        at org.openhab.core.tools.UpgradeTool.main(UpgradeTool.java:87)
[openHAB] WARNING: internal database upgrade tool failed.
[openHAB] please check the openHAB website (www.openhab.org) for upgrade requirements.
Setting up openhab-addons (4.2.0~M1-1) ...
Updating FireMotD available updates count ...
2024-03-03_22:00:40_CET [openHABian] Checking for default openHABian username:password combination... OK
2024-03-03_22:00:40_CET [openHABian] We hope you got what you came for! See you again soon ;)

1. MainUI pages icons are displayed in full size of the picture but it should be resized to icon size near the page name (checked on FF and Chrome).

I am on opehabian on RPi4

Hello,

I getting this error but this is there since OH4.1, see attached
oherror.txt (198.6 KB)

I am on RPI4 openhabian 1.8c

Thanks for the report. Upgrade Tool: Fix NPE by jimtng · Pull Request #4128 · openhab/openhab-core · GitHub

Although the upgrade tool didn’t finish, you’re still OK. The parameter it’s trying to upgrade is still supported albeit deprecated warnings will be issued in the log. It’ll get updated the next time you run the fixed upgrade tool.

2 Likes

Another issue observed. BasicUI was reverted to 3 columns. Before it was set to 2 colums.
Cannot change it because setting are unavailable:

Settings → Add-on Settings → BasicUI

The settings are now on the basicui screen itself. It’s a cogwheel icon on top left. The settings are now configurable per-browser instead of centralised.

1 Like

I am getting this error:

[ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'Lots of bindings are listed here...': Error:

Error downloading mvn:net.java.dev.jna/jna/5.14.0

Error downloading mvn:net.java.dev.jna/jna-platform/5.14.0

Dropping these into the addons folder did not fix it.

Thanks for the report, I have fixed this:

I’ve noticed the issue does not affect Framework7 icons, so until the fix is available, you could use Framework7 icons or the default icon to migitate the issue.

1 Like

So it is saved in cookies files?
If I clear cookies every time browser is restarted so the setting wil be discarded?

I think so. @Lolodomo ?

It is now stored in browser local storage, the same way as Main UI settings.
Local storage and cookies are different things but yes you have browser settings to erase them. To be honest, I have not tried. I used standard browser mode.

But I will study in which cases the settings are lost.

Maybe @florian-h05 already knows in which conditions the browser local storage is cleared?

I found this as a first answer:

localStorage data for a document loaded in a “private browsing” or “incognito” session is cleared when the last “private” tab is closed.

So if you use a “private browsing” or “incognito” session, you will get default settings after a browser restart.

1 Like

@Kai Can you please upload net.java.dev.jna/jna/5.14.0 to JFrog?

Upgrading from 4.1 to 4.2M1 I have two problems…

Validation in Rules (no context to infer the closure’s argument types)

2024-03-04 16:20:38.395 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Validation issues found in configuration model '24g.rules', using it anyway:
There is no context to infer the closure's argument types from. Consider typing the arguments or put the closures into a typed context.

JS Unavailable

2024-03-04 16:20:39.186 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model '24g.items'
2024-03-04 16:20:58.167 [WARN ] [s.internal.SingleValueTransformation] - couldn't transform response because transformationService of type 'JS' is unavailable

EDIT from Googling a bit, I hypothesise that issue 1) is probably caused by the .rules file being loaded before the .items file, and issue 2) is probably caused by the .items file being loaded before the JavaScript transform is loaded. i.e. it looks very much to be some kind of start up timing issue. (Note: it all works perfectly in v4.1 … to which I have in the meantime reverted…)

It seems that Issue #16360 in 4.2.0.M1 fixed my problems with rrd4j (issue #16354). My problem with rrd4j has been very annoying because querying data has been extremely slow, in worst cases it has taken ~20s. Now my 3Y old data are plotted almost immediately. What a huge improvement this is. Many thanks for this great update.

1 Like

@Kai Can you please upload net.java.dev.jna/jna/5.14.0 to JFrog?

Done!

2 Likes

happy to hear this, one further PR has not yet been merged and should improve it even more:

This will allow to read batches of bytes and not byte by byte.

Can you please merge also the last updates of the Tapo binding, lots of people are waiting on it:

@DarkoG, you are opening a can of worms here :smiley:

@ joerg1985, do you know when this PR will be merged?