openHAB Google Assistant Integration v2.0

Per the error message, Google is sending an ON command. However, Group:Rollershutter is looking for Up or Down.

@rpwong I know . But why is it sending UP when using one item and ON when using a group?

If I add the ga=ā€œblindsā€ tag to a individual rollershutter item it works:
ā€œItem ā€˜ZW_022_SHUTTLE_WOONKAMER_ACHTERRAAM_DRAPERYOPENER_SHUTTERā€™ received command UPā€ .

I would guess that Google Assistant isnā€™t properly recognizing the group as a device, so itā€™s defaulting to ON/OFF commands. Iā€™ve been interpreting the documentation as meaning that certain types of metadata only work with the specified items, in which case the only metadata available for groups is ga=Thermostat.

@michikrug, does metadata have to be defined for each specific type of OH item in order for it to work properly with Google Assistant?

There is currently a bug in the implementation causing groups of rollershutters not receiving the right value. I already prepared a fix and hope to get it live soon. Please be patient.

Please also always have a look at the GitHub issues to track such issues.

2 Likes

@michikrug youā€™re right. I overlooked those git issues.
Thanks for the upcoming fix !

Hi everyone iā€™m using the old version of google assistant integration on openhab 2.4 with tags
Yesterday iā€™ve updated to the 2.5.1 but i canā€™t use the metadata instead of tags i recieve the error:

Configuration model 'prova.items' has errors, therefore ignoring it: [1,176]: missing EOF at '{'

can anyone help?

The log tells you that you have a syntac problemā€¦ Look at your item file again, or better, show us the item file. Without, its impossible to help you.

Hi Kim

Iā€™m just using the Google assistant with the previous syntax here one of my old items file iā€™ve try to change.

Switch Albero_Natale "Albero di Natale" ["Lighting"] {mqtt=">[home:shellies/shelly1-2C8F31/relay/0/command:command:ON:on], >[home:shellies/shelly1-2C8F31/relay/0/command:command:OFF:off]"}

If i try to change it in

Switch Albero_Natale "Albero di Natale" {mqtt=">[home:shellies/shelly1-2C8F31/relay/0/command:command:ON:on], >[home:shellies/shelly1-2C8F31/relay/0/command:command:OFF:off]"} { ga="Light" }

Iā€™ve the previous error

Try with:

Switch Albero_Natale "Albero di Natale" {mqtt=">[home:shellies/shelly1-2C8F31/relay/0/command:command:ON:on], >[home:shellies/shelly1-2C8F31/relay/0/command:command:OFF:off]", ga="Light" }
1 Like

Per Kimā€™s example, the metadata goes in the same curly brackets as the thing youā€™re attaching to the item:

{mqtt="", ga=""}

Thatā€™s not entirely clear in the documentation, which doesnā€™t show any things in the examples.

1 Like

Correct itĀ“s not clearā€¦ But nowhere in openhab youĀ“ll see dobble curly brackets { } { }. So I guess the doc simply assumed that those who read know this :smiley:

It would be nice with examples in the docs ofcouseā€¦ DocĀ“s should always have examples.

thanks it solve the problem

Good news everyone :smiley:

Asking for humidity in german works now, i noticed it yesterday.

It has been working for at least a year (and probably more) in danishā€¦ Problem with humidity has been to use the exact phrase of what Google expect. Maybe they have changed this to less restrictive phrase. I havnĀ“t tried for long.
I would suspect it has been the same in German.

No it did not work in german, no matter how you asked.
The response always said the thermostat shows 0% humimdity, and that was a language specific bug.

Now it answers with the correct humidity value.

Okay, thats a big surprise to me, as I thought Germany would be alot better supported than Denmark. I guess itĀ“s not :slight_smile:

Same for Fireplace, works with voice but shows strange icon and no control.

When instructing Google Home to update the devices, it says there is an error with OpenHAB2. Nothing specific. I still can control old things via voice, but I want to setup a fan now. It does not appear.

Where can I find some logs to start debugging?
I am using myopenhab.
Where is this command supposed to be entered?! https://github.com/openhab/openhab-google-assistant/blob/master/README.md#logging--debugging

Is there a way to use a group in a speaker like the alexa binding?
I want to have a group item of the endpoint of speaker and then associate volume and mute items with the group? (like the thermostat item)

The only way Iā€™m aware of to do that is using multi-room audio groups that you set up in the Google Home app. Would that not serve your purpose?