OpenWeatherMap widget for HABPanel

Hi Andreas,

Yes I did. Two times… Including a third check because of the Update…

I’m running openhab on a Synology Ds418.

Maybe this is different…

Guido

Since it is just two icons, I’ll bet it is a permissions error. Take a look at file permissions for all the icons in the /conf/html/images folder.

I’ll check again. Thanks for hint…

CU

5 days forecast for free?

@Nognog … right, but not as day forecast .
It is a 3 hours forecast within 5 days

40 x 3 h = 120 h
120h : 24 = 5 Days

ah ok, my mistake :slight_smile:

Thanks for your work:-)
Is there any change to get the icons from your Wu widget added? :slight_smile:

Are you sure? Those are terrible regarding color and apperance.

But yes it’s possible, yo can fork the code to your likings. Use the ‘icon’ channel for the API icons.

Yep, I like the “white” Icons :slight_smile: it’s much easier to see the weather from distance as with the new “one” color icons.

Not sure how it will work with the Icon channel?
I tried to add the conditions ID to the API icons *.CSS file, but the icon doesn’t show up.

You can use whatever color you want for the icons …
Use the widget config to set your desired color

Yep, but I can’t make the sun yellow, clouds white and rain blue … :wink:

Yes, I prefer the more colored icons too. If there is a way, I would be very grateful!

1 Like

I followed the instructions and I receive already the following view, but I see 2 times a label with the current day, and the other 2 days are not displayed at all. It seems that something is wrong with the calculation of the days, is that possible?

Did you add all of the items?

You can test a item channel by adding an Dummy Widget and selecting one of the forecast items with a high number like ‘Weather_OWM_Condition_h96’.

Or maybe you did not set it right.

" Configure the Thing: Local weather and forecast set Hours to 96 and days to 1 (to get forecast with free API key)"

And I suggest to set days to 0 … with 1 i get Status: UNKNOWN

These items with high number doesn’t contain any values.
Just throwed them in a sitemap, it seems that it only does only 1 day of forecast:

How does your settings for Local weather and forecast looks like?
Did you change the forecast hours to 96?

I have tried to migrate from WU to OWM today while implementing this great widget at the same time.
The item all appear in Paper UI and I can also display them on Habpanel using dummy widgets.
However, after installing this widget following the instructions (including the items as required) I get this result:

As you can see in this snippet the binding returns values:

Any suggestions?

You have to check if Items like “Weather_OWM_ xxxxxxxx” are displaying any values

Hi Andreas,
here’s a sample:

which shows as:

So there is no issue with the values…