Problem with the openHAB forum?

Hi,
I don’t see my login menu anymore - it’s “washed out” and in the background. I still can create new topics (like this one), but I am unable to e.g. do a search:

Anyone else experiencing such problems? Tried it in Chrome and Edge - and it was the same in both browsers.

Thanks,
Boby

Scroll down a bit and it should be back. As you can see in your Screenshot, there is a second logo behind …

Yeah, it looks broken to me too.

Yeah, that solved it - the menu lays over the headline, that’s why it’s not working.
At the very top of the page:

After I scrolled down a bit:

DiscourseHub is broken, too.

I noticed this too on Windows & iPhone.

I assume the Discourse forum software was updated?

Looks like: search function does not work either. 4 hits for zwave …

1 Like

Looking further, the normal website top banner is obscuring the forum one until you scroll down :frowning:

Looks like there’s some breaking changes in Discourse’s latest update. Not sure if there’s even a way to make it look like before when you’re at the top of the page either. I’ll have another look later…

2 Likes

Should be fixed now.

3 Likes

Searching still doesn’t work, maybe the index needs to be regenerated ?

If works for me on the PC in Chrome & the iPhone. Try clearing your browser cache.

Now it seems I can’t select some text in a previous post and get a Quote button like I used to. Are you getting the same?

Edit: disregard it works now.

1 Like

yep

@ysc

I notice when highlighting a post to quote there is no longer a Quote popup menu.

Yep sometimes it works

sometimes it doesn’t

I’m not involved in Discourse but I’ll investigate later.

2 Likes

Sorry for the false assumption. Right after I posted the issue, it worked for me. :roll_eyes:

yeah, search index seems to be screwy.

As an example, I just searched the velux binding thread for “KLF100”

I know the content is there because I remember seeing it mentioned before, and the google index shows it. However, the discourse search returns 0 results.

1 Like

That’s annoying for sure!
Maybe rebuilding the index would help:

I can’t do it myself but @digitaldan might :wink:

Also, good news for dark theme lovers, while looking for a way to do it from the admin area, I activated a new dark theme for this forum :sunglasses:
You can switch to it from your profile settings - go to Preferences (tab on the top), then Interface (link on the left), choose the openHAB Dark Theme and save.

6 Likes

Very nice! :sunglasses:
I didn’t see the option at first. Only after hitting CTRL+F5 to bypass the cache it showed.