Im thinking about the best way to create a video doorbell system for my specific case.
Due to the regulations of my country i don’t want to surveil the sidewalk right in front of my house.
Thats why im currently thinking that i HAVE TO use a separate IP-Camera which does not film straight from the front door to the sidewalk, but is mounted above the front door and only films downwards to my property.
My current plan is:
- Monitor standard doorbell switch by using a Shelly i3, via MQTT
- Get an IP-Camera with rtsp
- Create a custom openHAB UI used for a tablet, mounted as panel at the inside of my front door
Im asking myself if this is a good idea or if there are better/simpler solutions?
Im also thinking, that there will be some limitations creating the panel because currently i think it is not possible after the doorbell is pressed to
- Activate a Tablet via openHAB-App
- Force opening of openHAB-App
- Force opening of the IP-Camera video-stream
So maybe you have some recommendations regarding creating such a panel/system.
None of these limitations would be a showstopper for me, because having to unlock a tablet and opening the video-stream manually is not really a big problem i think.
Thanks in advance and i hope i did not miss already discussed topics in my research.