Ring doorbell

I’ve tried the following:

• Not having the channel linked to anything at all
  • Having the channel linked to a string item
  • Having the channel linked to a switch item / default profile
  • Having the channel linked to a switch item / map profile (map file contains LOCKED=ON UNLOCKED=OFF)

They all throw the “Command ‘LOCKED’ not supported by type ‘OnOffValue’: No enum constant org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType.LOCKED” into the log periodically

The channel itself is auto configured like this:

The full text that runs off the side for the bottom is this (UIDs partially redacted)

{"name":"Front Door Lock","unique_id":"xxxxxxxx-db591e2a5fcc","availability_topic":"ring/xxxxx/alarm/xxxxx-9bc9-db591e2a5fcc/status","payload_available":"online","payload_not_available":"offline","state_topic":"ring/xxxxx/alarm/xxxxxb591e2a5fcc/lock/state","command_topic":"ring/xxxxx/alarm/xxxxx9-db591e2a5fcc/lock/command","device":{"ids":["xxxxxc9-db591e2a5fcc"],"name":"Front Door Lock","mf":"Kwikset","mdl":"Lock"}}

Just to give an update: since 4.8.0 The docker container version also supports live streams via rtsp. Works quite well, if you are running on decent hardware (e.g. a Synology with enough memory)

Hey cool, thanks for the update! Are you integrating the stream somehow into the OH UI?

@Lars_Deutsch ever since I upgraded to 4.8.1, I get tons of these messages in my logs. Are you having the same thing?

2021-09-13 08:55:56.365 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ' OFF ' not supported by type 'OnOffValue': No enum constant org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType. OFF 
2021-09-13 08:55:56.367 [WARN ] [t.generic.ChannelStateTransformation] - Executing the JINJA-transformation failed: An error occurred while transformation. Argument named 'default_value' is required but missing for filter default
2021-09-13 08:55:56.371 [WARN ] [t.generic.ChannelStateTransformation] - Executing the JINJA-transformation failed: An error occurred while transformation. Argument named 'default_value' is required but missing for filter default
2021-09-13 08:56:05.519 [WARN ] [ab.binding.mqtt.generic.ChannelState] - Command ' OFF ' not supported by type 'OnOffValue': No enum constant org.openhab.core.library.types.OnOffType. OFF 
2021-09-13 08:56:05.519 [WARN ] [t.generic.ChannelStateTransformation] - Executing the JINJA-transformation failed: An error occurred while transformation. Argument named 'default_value' is required but missing for filter default
2021-09-13 08:56:05.524 [WARN ] [t.generic.ChannelStateTransformation] - Executing the JINJA-transformation failed: An error occurred while transformation. Argument named 'default_value' is required but missing for filter default

Same warning messages here.

Maybe worth opening an issue on their Github? I want to upgrade as well to implement the chime but with so many warning messages I don’t know :grimacing:
I try to run my OH with a clean as possible log…

-edit-
I have just spotted that version 4.7 also supports the chime in which case that would be good enough for me. Did any of you guys above had version 4.7.0 - 4.7.2 installed with the same issues? Otherwise I just use one of those.

Anyone updated to 4.8.3 and still get the errors?

Just updated, warning messages are still there.

I updated as well. Same errors. I opened an issue on GitHub. Due to this discussion I found a fix for now. In short, create your own MQTT-Things and configure the channels and do not use the auto discovered mqtt:homeassistant-based Thing.

@arjan-io, would you mind sharing a sample configuration for a Ring device or two?

If you haven’t removed the mqtt:homeassistant stuff yet, find the location ID, device IDs and the type from their respective MQTT-topics.

Now make sure you (have) install(ed) the MQTT binding.

Under Things, click the + and click on ‘MQTT Broker’ to set up the Bridge.

Under Things, click the + and click on ‘Generic MQTT Thing’.

Give it an ID, Label and point to the MQTT Bridge you just created.

Go to the tab ‘Channel’ and click on ‘Add Channel’.

Give it an ID, Label, click on the Type it should represent and then in the State topic box use the lay-out given on the RING-MQTT GitHub page. So ring/<location_id>/<ring_category>/<device_id>/<device_type>/state .
For example mine looks like ring/a798baXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXc22a9/chime/54eXXXXXXd3b/snooze_minutes/command.

Link your Channel to your Item and you should be set. Good luck!

I think there is an update about to be released (version 4.8.4) in which is should be fixed. I tested it today and personally have no further log errors.

Yes, I do. For the time being I chose to filter them out. Especially those JINJA messages are a pain …

I’ve got a Ring Doorbell. How does I get a live stream?
MQTT is already configured and online. But how I get the camera working?

Thanks!

This is an un-official Ring 3.x release and there is NO maintainer for this version, Siriram did me a BIG favor doing this for me. I’m still testing it but it does come up for account and doorbell THING.

Best, Jay

Hi,

I’m also getting these warning logs after adding ring(mqtt) items/things and could not figure out a way to resolve it. I’ve checked MAP transformation files and still no luck.

My ring-mqtt installation suddenly went completely quiet - I can see it properly connecting to Ring, but no messages are being published to mqtt and no errors, nothing. Has anybody seen anything similar?
ring-mqtt developer has gone underground, so I am a bit at a loss here.
I am running ring-mqtt in docker if it makes a difference.

Ring’s stance on their API since 2015 has been “Coming soon”, it’s existed but pretty much only been in the background, everything that currently exists has been reverse engineered. About 2 months ago Ring changed their stance from “Coming soon” to “We do not support ANY api for non-Ring partners” they also scrubbed their forums of the little API access they did trickle out. My guess is they are most likely killing more and more of what remains and reverse engineered integrations are just going to die. I have already replaced half my ring devices with Ubiquity for this reason.

Back alive after restart and token refresh. Looks like it was impacted by yesterday AWS outage.

Worked for me. Thank you very much!