RPI OpenHAB 3.1. but still Openhabian 2.5

Hello all,
i updated to Openhab 3.1 via the openhab config some days ago.
However, my openhabian version remained on version 2.5.
I am runing Openhab on a RPI 3b+.

I dont know how to only update openhabian with the openhab config tool.
Can someone help?

Thank you!

My guess is you meant what openHABian displays as the version number of openHAB ( which is NOT the version number of openHABian!).

I did the last update of openHAB via the opengabian-config menu, that way the above mentioned version display got changed as well.

Not sure if i understand you correctly.
I mean the following, when i do a ssh connection to my openhabian RPi i get the following at the start:

Last login: Wed Jul 28 10:38:19 2021 from 192.168.0.227

###############################################################################
###############  openhab  #####################################################
##        Ip = 192.168.0.198
##   Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
##    Kernel = Linux 5.10.17-v7+
##  Platform = Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
##    Uptime = 1 day(s). 15:18:49
## CPU Usage = 3.55% avg over 4 cpu(s) (4 core(s) x 1 socket(s))
##  CPU Load = 1m: 0.50, 5m: 0.58, 15m: 0.65
##    Memory = Free: 0.06GB (7%), Used: 0.88GB (93%), Total: 0.95GB
##      Swap = Free: 0.03GB (39%), Used: 0.05GB (61%), Total: 0.09GB
##      Root = Free: 8.26GB (60%), Used: 5.44GB (40%), Total: 14.32GB
##   Updates = 0 apt updates available.
##  Sessions = 2 session(s)
## Processes = 138 running processes of 32768 maximum processes
sed: can't read /var/lib/openhab2/etc/version.properties: No such file or directory

Welcome to            __  _____    ____  _
            ____  ____  ___  ____  / / / /   |  / __ )(_)___ _____
           / __ \/ __ \/ _ \/ __ \/ /_/ / /| | / __  / / __ `/ __ \
          / /_/ / /_/ /  __/ / / / __  / ___ |/ /_/ / / /_/ / / / /
          \____/ .___/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_/  |_/_____/_/\__,_/_/ /_/
              /_/
                  openHAB 2.5.12-1 ()

Looking for a place to get started? Check out 'sudo openhabian-config' and the
documentation at https://www.openhab.org/docs/installation/openhabian.html
The openHAB dashboard can be reached at http://openhab:8080
To interact with openHAB on the command line, execute: 'openhab-cli --help'

[11:52:48] openhabian@openhab:~$

However i do have openhab 3.1.0 runing.
Dont know if this is “normal”

You did not upgrade openHABian (menu option 42).

Hello msstormi,
thank you for your answer.
I am getting this message after selecting option 42:

+ choice2='42 | Upgrade to openHAB 3'
+ '[' 0 -eq 1 ']'
+ '[' 1 -eq 255 ']'
+ wait_for_apt_to_finish_update
++ timestamp
++ date +%F_%T_%Z
+ echo -n '2021-07-28_19:53:10_CEST [openHABian] Updating Linux package information... '
2021-07-28_19:53:10_CEST [openHABian] Updating Linux package information... + [[ -z 17977 ]]
+ tail --pid=17977 -f /dev/null
+ echo OK
OK
++ openhab3_is_installed
+++ dpkg -s openhab
+++ grep Status
+++ cut '-d ' -f2
++ [[ install == \i\n\s\t\a\l\l ]]
++ return 0
++ echo openHAB3
+ version=openHAB3
+ case "$choice2" in
+ migrate_installation openHAB3
+ local 'failText=is already installed on your system!\n\nCanceling migration, returning to menu.'
+ local frontailService=/etc/systemd/system/frontail.service
+ local homegearService=/etc/systemd/system/homegear.service
+ local zramService=/etc/systemd/system/zram-config.service
+ local frontailJSON=/usr/lib/node_modules/frontail/preset/openhab.json
+ local 'amandaConfigs=/etc/amanda/openhab-*/disklist'
+ local ztab=/etc/ztab
+ local serviceDir=/etc/systemd/system
+ local services
+ local 'mountUnits=/etc/systemd/system/srv-openhab*'
+ local from
+ local to
+ local distro=stable
+ local javaVersion
+ [[ -z 1 ]]
++ timestamp
++ date +%F_%T_%Z
+ echo -n '2021-07-28_19:53:10_CEST [openHABian] Preparing openHAB installation... '
2021-07-28_19:53:10_CEST [openHABian] Preparing openHAB installation... + [[ openHAB3 == \o\p\e\n\H\A\B\3 ]]
+ openhab3_is_installed
++ dpkg -s openhab
++ grep Status
++ cut '-d ' -f2
+ [[ install == \i\n\s\t\a\l\l ]]
+ return 0
+ whiptail --title 'openHAB version already installed' --msgbox 'openHAB3 is already installed on your system!\n\nCanceling migration, returning to menu.' 10 80
+ echo 'FAILED (openHAB 3 already installed)'
FAILED (openHAB 3 already installed)
+ return 1
+ '[' 1 -ne 0 ']'
+ whiptail --msgbox 'There was an error or interruption during the execution of:\n  "40 | openHAB Related"\n\nPlease try again. If the error persists, please read /opt/openhabian/docs/openhabian-DEBUG.md or https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/blob/main/docs/openhabian-DEBUG.md how to proceed.' 14 80
+ return 0
+ true
+ show_main_menu

I tried selecting openHABian version “openHAB 3” and “main” before runing option 42. No change.
In my previous post you can see that there is a message sed: can't read /var/lib/openhab2/etc/version.properties: No such file or directory before the “Welcome to OPENHAB-Logo” … maybe just the wrong version is displayed?

no as you can see in the log it refuses to upgrade because OH3 is already installed.
Try the other 42 menu (downgrade to OH2) first. If it does not work you need to remove OH from the command line (take a backup before).

Not sure if I do understand correctly.
So the right process would be to update openhabian before openhab itself? I do have a backup of my sd card with the last working openhab 2.5 status. I can flash this one and redo the update process. This time with openhabian first.
Correctly?

No it is not, it would have been. But as you showed yourself it does not work once OH3 is on, so you have to go back to OH2, either by uninstalling or downgrading like I suggested or by restoring the full system to a state before any upgrade activities you took.

Meanwhile, we changed what happens on selecting menu option 03, that’ll now migrate openHABian before installing OH3 so for others to migrate it now should no longer be possible to run into the same deadlock situation.

Hello mstormi,

i now flashed my latest working OpenHab 2.5.x SD Image on the SD card and run the process again.
After typing sudo openhabian-config I was asked whether i want to switch to a new openhab(-configuration tool?) version. I selected OpenHAB 3 by selecting it, pressing Space and Enter.
No error messages and at the top of the config tool now the following is written openHABian Configuration Tool — [openHAB3]{2021-07-28T12:25:04+02:00}(1f4f1ce)

After this i selected 02 | Upgrade System. Again no error, i performed a reboot but still the “old” openhab Logo and Version 2.5.12 is showing up in the terminal.

So i run 40 | openHAB Related 42 | Upgrade to openHAB 3 and the following error is showing up after a while:

+ whiptail --title 'Operation successful!' --msgbox 'The stable release of openHAB3 is now installed on your system.\n\nPlease test the correct behavior of your setup. You might need to adapt your configuration, if available. If you made changes to the files in '\''/var/lib/openhab'\'' they were replaced, but you can restore them from backup files next to the originals.\n\nCheck the "openHAB Release Notes" and the official announcements to learn about additons, fixes and changes.' 15 80
+ echo OK
OK
+ [[ -d /var/lib/openhab/persistence/mapdb ]]
++ timestamp
++ date +%F_%T_%Z
+ echo -n '2021-07-29_13:25:13_CEST [openHABian] Deleting mapdb persistence files... '
2021-07-29_13:25:13_CEST [openHABian] Deleting mapdb persistence files... + rm -f /var/lib/openhab/persistence/mapdb/storage.mapdb
+ echo OK
OK
++ timestamp
++ date +%F_%T_%Z
+ echo -n '2021-07-29_13:25:13_CEST [openHABian] Migrating Amanda config... '
2021-07-29_13:25:13_CEST [openHABian] Migrating Amanda config... + for i in $amandaConfigs
+ [[ -s /etc/amanda/openhab-*/disklist ]]
+ echo OK
OK
++ timestamp
++ date +%F_%T_%Z
+ echo -n '2021-07-29_13:25:13_CEST [openHABian] Migrating Samba and mount units... '
2021-07-29_13:25:13_CEST [openHABian] Migrating Samba and mount units... + cond_redirect systemctl stop smbd nmbd
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ echo -e '\n\033[90;01m$ systemctl stop smbd nmbd \033[39;49;00m'

$ systemctl stop smbd nmbd
+ systemctl stop smbd nmbd
+ return 0
+ cond_redirect systemctl disable --now 'srv-openhab2\x2daddons.mount' 'srv-openhab2\x2dconf.mount' 'srv-openhab2\x2duserdata.mount' 'srv-openhab2\x2dsys.mount'
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ echo -e '\n\033[90;01m$ systemctl disable --now srv-openhab2\x2daddons.mount srv-openhab2\x2dconf.mount srv-openhab2\x2duserdata.mount srv-openhab2\x2dsys.mount \033[39;49;00m'

$ systemctl disable --now srv-openhab2-addons.mount srv-openhab2-conf.mount srv-openhab2-userdata.mount srv-openhab2-sys.mount
+ systemctl disable --now 'srv-openhab2\x2daddons.mount' 'srv-openhab2\x2dconf.mount' 'srv-openhab2\x2duserdata.mount' 'srv-openhab2\x2dsys.mount'
+ return 0
+ for s in ${mountUnits}
+ [[ openhab == \o\p\e\n\h\a\b ]]
+ newname='/etc/systemd/system/srv-openhab*'
+ sed -e 's|openhab2|openhab|g' '/etc/systemd/system/srv-openhab*'
+ rm -f '/etc/systemd/system/srv-openhab*'
+ services='srv-openhab\x2daddons.mount srv-openhab\x2dconf.mount srv-openhab\x2duserdata.mount  srv-openhab\x2dsys.mount'
+ sed -i 's|/openhab2|/openhab|g' /etc/samba/smb.conf
+ cond_redirect systemctl enable --now 'srv-openhab\x2daddons.mount' 'srv-openhab\x2dconf.mount' 'srv-openhab\x2duserdata.mount' 'srv-openhab\x2dsys.mount'
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ echo -e '\n\033[90;01m$ systemctl enable --now srv-openhab\x2daddons.mount srv-openhab\x2dconf.mount srv-openhab\x2duserdata.mount srv-openhab\x2dsys.mount \033[39;49;00m'

$ systemctl enable --now srv-openhab-addons.mount srv-openhab-conf.mount srv-openhab-userdata.mount srv-openhab-sys.mount
+ systemctl enable --now 'srv-openhab\x2daddons.mount' 'srv-openhab\x2dconf.mount' 'srv-openhab\x2duserdata.mount' 'srv-openhab\x2dsys.mount'
Failed to enable unit: Unit file srv-openhab\x2daddons.mount does not exist.
+ return 1
+ echo 'FAILED (reenable mount units)'
FAILED (reenable mount units)
+ return 1
+ '[' 1 -ne 0 ']'
+ whiptail --msgbox 'There was an error or interruption during the execution of:\n  "40 | openHAB Related"\n\nPlease try again. If the error persists, please read /opt/openhabian/docs/openhabian-DEBUG.md or https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/blob/main/docs/openhabian-DEBUG.md how to proceed.' 14 80

When i type in IP-ADDRESS:8080 in the browser i can config OpenHAB 3 and also Release Build OpenHab 3.1.0 is written.

I think i am stuck at the same point again. Sorry for asking such “stupid” questions but what is the correct way to update openhabian and OpenHab to the newest stable version?

Thank you for your help!

As the docs, release notes and posts say: menu option 03. Read more carefully. 03. Not 02 !
And you must not select openHAB3 branch on openhabian-config start when you’re still on OH2, select “stable”.

Hello mstormi,
ok i will try again.

This time i will not change anything in the first question regarding openHAB3 branch. After this will select 03 Install OpenHab.

I am just confused because i understood that i first have to update openhabian and afterwards openhab to version 3.
Selecting 03 Install OpenHab first sounds like it is installing OpenHab 3 and not updating openhabian.
Selecting 02 Upgrade System sounds like updating the OS System (OpenHabian), this is why i selected it first before.

This doc openHABian | openHAB is suggesting to use Menu option 42.
What would you recommand, use option 03 or option 42?

For openHABian users running openHAB 2.X, openhabian-config offers to migrate the openHABian environment and install openHAB3 for you. Menu option 42 will do the upgrade. Be aware that it isn’t the answer to the ultimate question (opens new window): there is ONLY an openHAB upgrade path, you cannot downgrade from openHAB 3 to openHAB 2.

Read my last but one post again.

Read my last post again.

Unfortunately still no luck.
Again i flashed the old openhab version 2.5 image on my sd card and re-did the process.

I skipped the question whether i want to select a new branch at the beginning and selected option 03.
I received the following error message:

+ echo -n '2021-07-29_20:06:28_CEST [openHABian] Beginning install of latest openHAB3 release (stable)... '
2021-07-29_20:06:28_CEST [openHABian] Beginning install of latest openHAB3 release (stable)... + [[ -n 1 ]]
+ whiptail --title 'openHAB software change, Continue?' --yes-button Continue --no-button Cancel --yesno 'You are about to install or change to the latest stable openHAB3 release.\n\nPlease be aware that downgrading from a newer unstable snapshot build is not officially supported. Please consult with the documentation or community forum and be sure to take a full openHAB configuration backup first!' 15 80
+ echo OK
OK
+ export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
+ DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
+ running_in_docker
+ grep -qs 'docker\|lxc' /proc/1/cgroup
+ [[ -f /.dockerenv ]]
+ return 1
+ [[ -z '' ]]
+ add_keys 'https://bintray.com/user/downloadSubjectPublicKey?username=openhab'
+ local repoKey
++ mktemp /tmp/openhabian.XXXXX
+ repoKey=/tmp/openhabian.PkFQt
++ timestamp
++ date +%F_%T_%Z
+ echo -n '2021-07-29_20:06:31_CEST [openHABian] Adding required keys to apt... '
2021-07-29_20:06:31_CEST [openHABian] Adding required keys to apt... + cond_redirect wget -qO /tmp/openhabian.PkFQt 'https://bintray.com/user/downloadSubjectPublicKey?username=openhab'
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ echo -e '\n\033[90;01m$ wget -qO /tmp/openhabian.PkFQt https://bintray.com/user/downloadSubjectPublicKey?username=openhab \033[39;49;00m'

$ wget -qO /tmp/openhabian.PkFQt https://bintray.com/user/downloadSubjectPublicKey?username=openhab
+ wget -qO /tmp/openhabian.PkFQt 'https://bintray.com/user/downloadSubjectPublicKey?username=openhab'
+ return 8
+ cond_redirect apt-key add /tmp/openhabian.PkFQt
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ echo -e '\n\033[90;01m$ apt-key add /tmp/openhabian.PkFQt \033[39;49;00m'

$ apt-key add /tmp/openhabian.PkFQt
+ apt-key add /tmp/openhabian.PkFQt
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
+ return 2
+ echo FAILED
FAILED
+ rm -f /tmp/openhabian.PkFQt
+ return 1
+ return 1
+ echo 'FAILED (install openHAB)'
FAILED (install openHAB)
+ cond_redirect systemctl start zram-config.service
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ echo -e '\n\033[90;01m$ systemctl start zram-config.service \033[39;49;00m'

$ systemctl start zram-config.service
+ systemctl start zram-config.service
Failed to start zram-config.service: Unit zram-config.service not found.
+ return 5
+ return 1
+ '[' 1 -ne 0 ']'
+ whiptail --msgbox 'There was an error or interruption during the execution of:\n  "03 | Install openHAB"\n\nPlease try again. If the error persists, please read /opt/openhabian/docs/openhabian-DEBUG.md or https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/blob/master/docs/openhabian-DEBUG.md how to proceed.' 14 80
+ return 0
+ true
+ show_main_menu

Unfortunately no idea what this means … :frowning:

Bintray was replaced some months ago.
That means your openHABian is ancient and you haven’t updated in a long time.

I suggest you install from scratch. Export your config (from OH3), download and flash the latest openHABian image (use another SD card if available) and when the new box is done installing just restore the config. Menu options 5X.

You are right. I didnt update for some months due to the fact that openhab 2.5 was running fine. I did have some free days so I wanted to give the new features of openhab 3 a try.
However, installing openhabian again from the skretch would be a mid-size disaster for me. I do have some addon installations running on the RPI and it would take me days to get it working again :frowning:
Also doing a backup of all the bindings, item/things/rules files and GUI-based objects scares me.
Is there really no alternative to “fix” the current openhabian installation so that I can perform an update?

Why do you come up with that now ? :roll_eyes:
You already ignored a number of recommendations and no-gos:

1. (carefully and comprehensively) read the docs and posts
  2. maintain your installation
  3. don’t run anything else on your box
  4. provide comprehensive information on your system in your post
  5. attempt what being told to fix … I refer to my suggestions “uninstall or downgrade OH” and “use option 42 to downgrade openHABian”
  6. don’t ask for help when you run into issues because of 3)

Any single of these would not have been all that bad but you ended up where you are because of the combination of these.

That is dead simple: openhabian-config menu option 50.

This is really what the text in the link is about.
Of course it can be done but it’s awkward and incredibly annoying without interactive access to the system to lookup things.
Plus, to be frank, I’m not really willing to help you with that because you yourself maneuvred yourself into that situation by ignoring the recommendations (which BTW most I wrote myself right to avoid people run in there).

One last attempt, try either downgrading the openHAB package (=replace with openhab2 package)
[TAKE BACKUP!!]

or try this:

You should have updated openHABian in this step.
I of course don’t know how that question text looks to you with your year-old code but it should tell you which branch you are on and there should also be a choice to not switch to a new branch but update the current one.

Restore your working 2.5 image

Check /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* for bintray remainders and replace them by the current repo (look them up on the forum I’m not sure if it was the same for 2.X, in 3.X it is deb https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/openhab-linuxpkg stable main).
(best before AND after you run openhabian-config).

Update openHABian branch on openhabian-config start (you should be on “stable” as long as you are still on OH2)

Finally you should be able to run 03 Install.

I think its pretty standard installation: MQTT Broker, Zigbee2MQTT, Bluetooth2MQTT.
However, due to not being an expert all of this took me very long to install, bugfix and configure. If I would have to do it again it will take ~ the same time …

Based on this post openHAB 3.0.2 Patch Release and the Sunset of Bintray it looks like i should have updated before 1 May. Sorry but i dont browse this forum this regular … Some kind of information at openhab startup or something like this would have been nice.

Sorry but i still dont understand this. I do have a valid Openhab 2.5. image backup on my drive which i flashed on the SD card. I didnt do that much changes on my Openhab 3 version that it would be horrible to perform the update again. But still i understood that due to this “Bintray issue” its very hard to update even if i am still at Opehab 2.5. Therefore i dont understand the benefit of downgrading. Or is my understanding wrong?

Ok thank you, this means that in this case also the GUI-created things and items are saved?

Thank you for the advice. I will try this!
Best regards, Simon

There is no such thing as a standard. If at all it exists then ‘standard’ is NO additional software (except that installed from openhabian-config), and you are no expert as you say yourself so you don’t know the implications and dependencies of installing whatever on top of openHABian.
So it should be at least obvious to everybody that this is important information and important to mention upfront, i.e. it should have been in your 1st post
Advice how to proceed is obviously dependent on this.

Do not try inverting responsibilities please.
You are responsible for staying up to date and must not expect anyone to trigger you.
If only you had updated openHABian at times, you would have had received that information on the startup NEWS page.

It was an alternative suggestion to overcome the difficulty that option 03 (*) fails to execute when OH3 is installed. 03 would have re-installed OH3.

(*) It depends on the branch (and last update date) you have installed (and still have not named so I don’t know which one it is). If you had been on the current “stable” branch, 03 would have worked.

Dear mstormi,
first thank you for your ongoing support!

I checked the openhab2.list in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and found a link with bintray.
I commented this one with a # and added deb https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/openhab-linuxpkg stable main which i found here openHAB 2 on Linux | openHAB

After this i did openhabian-config and the following windows showed up:

I selected “skip” and selected 01 Select branch

The stable branch was already selected so i did no change.
After this i selected 03 in the main menu.

I selected “Replace”

Continue

During the installation i was wondering because i saw the following lines:

$ apt-get update
+ apt-get update
Hit:1 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster InRelease
Hit:2 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease
Hit:3 https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/openhab-linuxpkg stable InRelease
Reading package lists... Done
N: Ignoring file 'openhab2.liste' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
+ return 0
++ apt-cache madison openhab
++ head -n 1
++ cut '-d|' -f2
++ xargs
+ openhabVersion=3.1.0-1
+ cond_redirect apt-get install --allow-downgrades --yes --option Dpkg::Options::=--force-confnew openhab=3.1.0-1 openhab-addons=3.1.0-1
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ echo -e '\n\033[90;01m$ apt-get install --allow-downgrades --yes --option Dpkg::Options::=--force-confnew openhab=3.1.0-1 openhab-addons=3.1.0-1 \033[39;49;00m'

$ apt-get install --allow-downgrades --yes --option Dpkg::Options::=--force-confnew openhab=3.1.0-1 openhab-addons=3.1.0-1
+ apt-get install --allow-downgrades --yes --option Dpkg::Options::=--force-confnew openhab=3.1.0-1 openhab-addons=3.1.0-1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done

I performed the changes in openhab2.list and not openhab2.liste

Sounds good

And again an error message :frowning:

+ whiptail --title 'Operation Successful!' --msgbox 'The stable release of openHAB3 is now installed on your system.\n\nPlease test the correct behavior of your setup. You might need to adapt your configuration, if available. If you made changes to the files in '\''/var/lib/openhab'\'' they were replaced, but you can restore them from backup files next to the originals.\n\nCheck the "openHAB Release Notes" and the official announcements to learn about additons, fixes and changes.' 15 80
+ echo OK
OK
+ [[ -d /var/lib/openhab/persistence/mapdb ]]
++ timestamp
++ date +%F_%T_%Z
+ echo -n '2021-07-30_19:48:40_CEST [openHABian] Deleting mapdb persistence files... '
2021-07-30_19:48:40_CEST [openHABian] Deleting mapdb persistence files... + rm -f /var/lib/openhab/persistence/mapdb/storage.mapdb
+ echo OK
OK
++ timestamp
++ date +%F_%T_%Z
+ echo -n '2021-07-30_19:48:40_CEST [openHABian] Migrating Amanda config... '
2021-07-30_19:48:40_CEST [openHABian] Migrating Amanda config... + for i in $amandaConfigs
+ [[ -s /etc/amanda/openhab-*/disklist ]]
+ echo OK
OK
++ timestamp
++ date +%F_%T_%Z
+ echo -n '2021-07-30_19:48:40_CEST [openHABian] Migrating Samba and mount units... '
2021-07-30_19:48:40_CEST [openHABian] Migrating Samba and mount units... + cond_redirect systemctl stop smbd nmbd
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ echo -e '\n\033[90;01m$ systemctl stop smbd nmbd \033[39;49;00m'

$ systemctl stop smbd nmbd
+ systemctl stop smbd nmbd
+ return 0
+ cond_redirect systemctl disable --now 'srv-openhab2\x2daddons.mount' 'srv-openhab2\x2dconf.mount' 'srv-openhab2\x2duserdata.mount' 'srv-openhab2\x2dsys.mount'
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ echo -e '\n\033[90;01m$ systemctl disable --now srv-openhab2\x2daddons.mount srv-openhab2\x2dconf.mount srv-openhab2\x2duserdata.mount srv-openhab2\x2dsys.mount \033[39;49;00m'

$ systemctl disable --now srv-openhab2-addons.mount srv-openhab2-conf.mount srv-openhab2-userdata.mount srv-openhab2-sys.mount
+ systemctl disable --now 'srv-openhab2\x2daddons.mount' 'srv-openhab2\x2dconf.mount' 'srv-openhab2\x2duserdata.mount' 'srv-openhab2\x2dsys.mount'
+ return 0
+ for s in ${mountUnits}
+ [[ openhab == \o\p\e\n\h\a\b ]]
+ newname='/etc/systemd/system/srv-openhab*'
+ sed -e 's|openhab2|openhab|g' '/etc/systemd/system/srv-openhab*'
+ rm -f '/etc/systemd/system/srv-openhab*'
+ services='srv-openhab\x2daddons.mount srv-openhab\x2dconf.mount srv-openhab\x2duserdata.mount  srv-openhab\x2dsys.mount'
+ sed -i 's|/openhab2|/openhab|g' /etc/samba/smb.conf
+ cond_redirect systemctl enable --now 'srv-openhab\x2daddons.mount' 'srv-openhab\x2dconf.mount' 'srv-openhab\x2duserdata.mount' 'srv-openhab\x2dsys.mount'
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ echo -e '\n\033[90;01m$ systemctl enable --now srv-openhab\x2daddons.mount srv-openhab\x2dconf.mount srv-openhab\x2duserdata.mount srv-openhab\x2dsys.mount \033[39;49;00m'

$ systemctl enable --now srv-openhab-addons.mount srv-openhab-conf.mount srv-openhab-userdata.mount srv-openhab-sys.mount
+ systemctl enable --now 'srv-openhab\x2daddons.mount' 'srv-openhab\x2dconf.mount' 'srv-openhab\x2duserdata.mount' 'srv-openhab\x2dsys.mount'
Failed to enable unit: Unit file srv-openhab\x2daddons.mount does not exist.
+ return 1
+ echo 'FAILED (reenable mount units)'
FAILED (reenable mount units)
+ return 1
+ '[' 1 -ne 0 ']'
+ whiptail --msgbox 'There was an error or interruption during the execution of:\n  "03 | Install openHAB"\n\nPlease try again. If the error persists, please read /opt/openhabian/docs/openhabian-DEBUG.md or https://github.com/openhab/openhabian/blob/master/docs/openhabian-DEBUG.md how to proceed.' 14 80
+ return 0

After all this i checked again:

[19:51:55] openhabian@openhab:/etc/apt/sources.list.d$ ls
openhab2.liste  openhab-linuxpkg.list  openhab.list  raspi.list  vscode.list

openhab2.list was renamed to openhab2.liste

BUT after a reboot i saw this in the terminal!

_   _     _     ____   _
  ___   ___   ___   ___  | | | |   / \   | __ ) (_)  ____   ___
 / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ | |_| |  / _ \  |  _ \ | | / _  \ / _ \
| (_) | (_) |  __/| | | ||  _  | / ___ \ | |_) )| || (_) || | | |
 \___/|  __/ \___/|_| |_||_| |_|/_/   \_\|____/ |_| \__|_||_| | |
      |_|                          3.1.0 - Release Build

Looking for a place to get started? Check out 'sudo openhabian-config' and the
documentation at https://www.openhab.org/docs/installation/openhabian.html
The openHAB dashboard can be reached at http://openhab:8080
To interact with openHAB on the command line, execute: 'openhab-cli --help'

Checking again the 01 Select branch still the stable branch is selected.
Shall i change it to OpenHAB 3?

After typing IPADDRESS:8080 in the browser OpenHab release 3.1 is showing up!

So i am not sure if I am fine now or if the error message above is something serious…
What do you think? :slight_smile:

Your environment may still not be OK like Samba dirs. You could try to downgrade and Re Upgrade but if things work then just go on and live long and prosper.
Yes you should change branch to openHAB3. Eventuall try 03 after again.