Shelly Binding

fyi: Shelly released Firmware 1.5.1, which includes a fix for the HT event urls. This eould reflect my experience that the initial event was posted after discover, but not when the temp changes.

I copied the jar-file “org.openhab.binding.shelly-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar” to the folder “/usr/share/openhab2/addons”. Changed the name of user/group to “openhab”. But the binding does not arrive in the Addon List in Paper UI. So I cannot install it unfortunately. OpenHab itself is updated to the latest stable version. Is there any idea what to do? Thank you for your help.

Manually installed bindings don’t show up unter PaperUI:Addons, that’s nornal
You should see it under PaperUI:Configuration:Bindings
and be able to run a scan in PaperUI:Inbox

Please refer to the README if you have password protected devices.

Thank you for the quick reply.
It does not show up under PaperUI:Configuration:Bindings neither.
I assume the binding is called “Shelly”. But I can®t find such binding.
My devices are not password protected.
I used already manually installed binding for some other stuff and it worked.
But this time I have no idea what to do.

I have latest stable too and I had to manually install via karaf console this:

feature:install esh.tp-coap

did you get the build from the master branch?
coap should not be referred in this version (was required several versions ago, but then I removed it)

@sengscfr You could verify that, but I won’t expect that it helps
Did you checked bundle:list in the OH console, please post the line here

Comes to my mind also one time I was downloading the jar via wget and experienced the same symptoms
I don’t know why the jar resulted not valid
I had to download it via browser and move it to my raspberry via sftp afterwards.

yes, that could be the problem. The github Link can not be used directly with wget. There is some valid link with ?raw=, but I can‘t remember the syntax excatly

@sengscfr Please try to download the jar with a browser

I downloaded the jar file from the master branch via browser: https://github.com/markus7017/org.openhab.binding.shelly/tree/master/target
And copied the file to addons folder.

what‘s about bundle:list?

I am going to check that this evening.

Hi,can someone post an example from his .items files how looks like the syntax from a shelly 2.5

Thanks
Nikos

Yes I have two Shelly flood :slight_smile:
How may I help to get them working by your binding?

I checked with “bundle:list” in karaf, but could not find any shelly binding.
How could I force an installation?

nice

• connect the device to your network
  • launch the app, get the ip address from the device information
  • make a screenshot of the UI panel (showing the sensor status)
  • open the browser and execute the following urls
    http:://settings
    http:://status
  • send me the files as PM or post here
    Thx
1 Like
  • delete the jar from the addons folder
  • open OH console and run
feature:install esh-io-transport-mdns
log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.shelly
  • open a terminal window and run “tail -f openhab.log”
  • copy the binding jar to the addons folder and check what happens in the terminal

if this isn’t success the only additional module is gson, try

• delete jar
  • open OH console
bundle:install http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/google/code/gson/gson/2.8.5/gson-2.8.5.jar
  • copy jar to addons folder

Not working for me either on a fresh VM Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS with openHAB 2.4 stable.
Followed all steps above, Shelly binding is not shown with bundle:list command and there is nothing in the logs.

{“wifi_sta”:{“connected”:true,“ssid”:“XXXXX”,“ip”:"XXXXXXXX“,“rssi”:-88},“cloud”:{“enabled”:false,“connected”:false},“mqtt”:{“connected”:true},“time”:“11:07”,“serial”:1,“has_update”:false,“mac”:“XXXXXXX”,“is_valid”:true,“flood”:false,“tmp”:{“value”:21.62,“units”:“C”,“tC”:21.62,“tF”:70.93, “is_valid”:true},“bat”:{“value”:95,“voltage”:2.92},“act_reasons”:[“button”], “rain_sensor”:false,“update”:{“status”:“idle”,“has_update”:false,“new_version”:“20190821-095233/v1.5.2@4148d2b7”,“old_version”:“20190821-095233/v1.5.2@4148d2b7”},“ram_total”:50592,“ram_free”:39632,“fs_size”:233681,“fs_free”:154365,“uptime”:22}

Settings:
{“device”:{“type”:“SHWT-1”,“mac”:“XXXXXXXX”,“hostname”:“shellyflood-XXXXXX”,“sleep_mode”:true},“wifi_ap”:{“enabled”:false,“ssid”:“shellyflood-XXXXXX”,“key”:""},“wifi_sta”:{“enabled”:true,“ssid”:“XXXXXX”,“ipv4_method”:“dhcp”,“ip”:null,“gw”:null,“mask”:null,“dns”:null},“wifi_sta1”:{“enabled”:false,“ssid”:null,“ipv4_method”:“dhcp”,“ip”:null,“gw”:null,“mask”:null,“dns”:null},“mqtt”: {“enable”:true,“server”:“XXXXXX”,“user”:“XXXXXX”,“reconnect_timeout_max”:60.000000,“reconnect_timeout_min”:2.000000,“clean_session”:true,“keep_alive”:60,“will_topic”:“shellies/shellyflood-XXXXXX/online”,“will_message”:“false”,“max_qos”:0,“retain”:false,“update_period”:30},“sntp”: {“server”:“time.google.com”},“login”:{“enabled”:true,“unprotected”:false,“username”:“XXXXXXX”,“password”:“XXXXXX”},“pin_code”:"",“coiot_execute_enable”:false,“name”:"",“fw”:“20190821-095233/v1.5.2@4148d2b7”,“build_info”:{“build_id”:“20190821-095233/v1.5.2@4148d2b7”,“build_timestamp”:“2019-08-21T09:52:33Z”,“build_version”:“1.0”},“cloud”:{“enabled”:false,“connected”:false},“timezone”:“Europe/Berlin”,“lat”:50.110901,“lng”:8.682130,“tzautodetect”:true,“time”:“11:09”,“sensors”:{“temperature_threshold”:1.0,“temperature_unit”:“C”},“sleep_mode”:{“period”:24,“unit”:“h”},“report_url”:null, “rain_sensor”:false}

Markus,
I followed your description above and could not find anything in the openhab.log regarding shelly. And also the “bundle:list” command did not show anything.
Do you have any other ideas. I really would like to use your binding.
Thank you for your help.

let me do a rebuild tomorrow, maybe the jar is not consistent