Shelly Binding

Did you contacted their support team? Usually they are very responsive

I just did. Might also just be a defective device

Edit: very responsive indeed. However they just say that they cannot provide support without cloud connection

Edit2: even if they closed the ticket right away they still kept responding after that. So they are trying to help but I don’t think that well find a solution. Probably I’ll just have to replace the unit

Ok. Even if there was triggeringChannel available you still have to list all your shelly channels in your rule like this:

Channel „shelly:shelly1:device1:device#alarm“ triggered or
Channel „shelly:shelly1:device2:device#alarm“ triggered or
Channel „shelly:shelly1:device3:device#alarm“ triggered or

instead of using the group mechanism of items:

Member of gShelly received update

overall, the advantage is:

• Group function
  • implicit variable
  • item can be directly processed in MainUi

did you tried a factory reset?

No I haven’t. I will definitely try this first!

you could also try to downgrade (e.g. using Shelly Manager) and see which version is bringing the change

I did a factory reset yesterdany and the light stayed off when wifi was shut down. I’ll observe this for the next couple of days but this looks already promising!

Hello markus7017, is there any schedule to implement and release a new binding for the new shelly thermostat which will be deliverd by end of the year from shelly?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ShellyIoTCommunitySupport/posts/4318561354909862

As it is not avalable on the market right now, implementation can not start.

Next week I’ll start on the Shelly Plus integration, my wife is off for 4 weeks :wink:

4 Likes

Enjoy!
Just to come to an end with my question. You don‘t think it is a good idea?

fyi: Allterco has Black Feriday deals with up to 45% discount: Shelly Shop Europe

1 Like

Hi markus,
Do you have any update about the Shelly Plus integration?
Thinking to buy some of them now with the black friday discount and wanted to check if they are going to be compatible.

I’ll start working on the Plus devices soon

3 Likes

sorry
 below stands wrong stuff. I was very sure, that I restarted multiple time the openhab service. But for whatever reason, I always restarted another service multiple times (the service name was not even close to openhab).

So summary is just for history if somebody already read it - sorry

Summary

For some hours today, all my shelly devices (2x Shelly 1 and 4x Shelly 2.5) are in unknown - configuration pending.
Have also a look here: Shelly H&T (SHHT-1) CONFIG PENDING
I thought it has something to do with the firmware update I did an hour ago. But I also downgraded one Shelly 1 to v1.11.4 and still the same problem.

I’m on openhab v3.1

Any idea?

Since yesterday I have the Shelly Button 1 (SHBTN-1). I created the thing via the inbox and created items for all channels (except for the 2 trigger channels). All items are filled with values.
But when I press the button, nothing happens. I don’t see any logs that I pressed the button. I thought that the channel shelly:shellybutton1:btnname:status#button would be triggered, but no luck. Do I need to configure the actions in the Shelly’s webinterface?
I also connected the button via usb, so it’s always powered for testing.

Christmas is coming up! Your wish is fulfilled. Now there is

triggeringChannel

available

Does your rule get executed?

No, my rule is not working. I selected the following as trigger, but isn’t there anything missing between the brackets?

could you crete a .rules file with this content?

rule "Test Alarm Shelly"
when
	Channel "shelly:shellybutton1:btnname:status#button" triggered		
then
	logInfo("Test Alarm Shelly", "receivedEvent: '{}'",receivedEvent)
end

do you see the event in the log file?