Shelly Binding

delete and re-discover the thing

Thank u Markus for hint, but is about “Configure Shelly Binding” and even that I changed the binding to latest one, the IP is still there. I also tried to clear cache without success and do not know how to modify it by cli. I guess the java script allows to enter anything but field can not be empty.

I’m using 3.3.0.202207021323
When adding the detected shellyPlus1
I got

[WARN ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Cannot create thing. No binding found that supports creating a thing of type shelly:shellyplus1.

you need to uninstall the binding, which comes with the dist and install the 3.4 gen2 build

—

3.4.0-Gen2 build for Plus/Pro+Gen1 | 3.4.0-DEV Gen1 stable build
README | READMEbeta for more info on first installation
Avdanced Users - Shelly Manager - Bugs/Features - API Doc
Gen1: Firmware Index - Firmware Archive

—

Note: The DEV build is always newer than the version in the official Distro or the Milestone builds check [here]

the OH system needs a static IP

Does the device has the current timestamp? Is the correct time display in the UI or —:—?

Markus.
You will have same behavior even without container.
To reproduce it:
open “Configure Shelly Binding”

1. put something like 1234 into “Host Interface IP”
  2. save
  3. open Configure Binding again - expecting to see “Host Interface IP”=1234
  4. clear “Host Interface IP”
  5. save
  6. open Configure Binding again and u’ll see “Host Interface IP”=1234

Thanks Markus - did solve the problem

this UI element is not provided by the binding. The binding exposes field definitions, which are processed by Main UI, which handles the input. The framework then handles serialization, so nothing I could do.

Thank u Markus.

Marcus finally I found a neutralization.

Steps:

1. Open Openhab 3.3 GUI like http://192.168.1.130:8080/developer/api-explorer
  2. execute GET (for shelly binding)
  3. copy result and edit PUT method
  4. execute PUT
  5. IP is NULL

:+1:

you could also fund that data in the JSONDB

Hello @markus7017. I am trying not to be high maintenance but I am still struggling with getting the gen2 binding to work. I have followed the github procedure to the letter, several times. The californium and element connectors show up in the bundle list but the binding does not take.
As prescribed at the appropriate time in the process I remove the .things. But they’ll still showing in the OpenHAB dashboard (just not as online). Perhaps this is what is holding up OpenHAB from pulling in the gen2 binding?

dis you tried openhab-cli clean cache?

what do you mean with pulling the gen2 binsing?
you could check OH console for the binding status

I should have mentioned, tried clean-cache as well after stopping and removing the things. The binding gen2 binding will just never show with bundle:list in the openhab console. It is like the file is not in the addons folder

Hello Markus,

do I have to pay attention to something with the authentication?
I have some Pro 4PM and 1 Plus Shellys and I can’t connect with authentication. The message is still that I should check username and password.
Openhab 3.3, Shelly Firmware 10.3, Shelly Binding org.openhab.binding.shelly-3.4.0-gen2.jar from yesterday.

hm, I worked on this and it worked with my test setup
Are you using the password in the binding config (recommended)
or the Thing Config?

User is always admin, password as selected.
Please provide a DEBUG log of the initialization.

The gen2 release is moving more and more to stable. I created already 2 PRs, which needs to be merged to have the final PR, which then merges the Plus/Pro support in the official distro. It would be super helpful if more people supporting on testing. The binding supports both - Gen1 devices (like Shelly 1/2/2.5, sensors etc.) as well as Plus/Pro devices. Now is the time to harden this release before it goes into the official repo. So PLEASE SUPPORT ON TESTING. Just remove the current binding from the admins folder (and save it) and copy the gen2 jar into the folder. Delete things and re-discover, OH will restore the Channel/Item linkage. Don’t forget “openhab-cli backup”.

3.4.0-Gen2 build for Plus/Pro+Gen1 | 3.4.0-DEV Gen1 stable build
README | READMEbeta for more info on first installation
Avdanced Users - Shelly Manager - Bugs/Features - API Doc
Gen1: Firmware Index - Firmware Archive

Note: The DEV build is always newer than the version in the official Distro or the Milestone builds check [here]

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.
I had specified the user data in the thing.
There is still a difference between adding the scanned thing and manually adding (in this case) a Shelly Plus 1.

If I search for devices, he finds e.g. the Shelly Plus 1, in the GUI I can then enter a username and password.
The following is then in the log:

2022-07-27 10:51:40.393 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘shelly:shellydevice:a8032abd93f8’ changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initialisierung oder GerĂ€t im Schlafmodus.
2022-07-27 10:51:40.609 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘shelly:shellydevice:a8032abd93f8’ changed from UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initialisierung oder GerĂ€t im Schlafmodus. to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Zugriff verweigert. ÜberprĂŒfen Sie Benutzerkennung und Passwort.
2022-07-27 10:51:51.138 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘shelly:shellydevice:a8032abd93f8’ changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Zugriff verweigert. ÜberprĂŒfen Sie Benutzerkennung und Passwort. to UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initialisierung oder GerĂ€t im Schlafmodus.

If I add a Shelly Plus 1 manually, then I can only specify the password in the GUI. There is no username field.

The following is in the log:

2022-07-27 10:53:54.007 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘shelly:shellyplus1:d76eda6e06’ changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initialisierung oder GerĂ€t im Schlafmodus.
2022-07-27 10:53:54.231 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘shelly:shellyplus1:d76eda6e06’ changed from UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initialisierung oder GerĂ€t im Schlafmodus. to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): Zugriff verweigert. ÜberprĂŒfen Sie Benutzerkennung und Passwort.

On the question of where the user data was specified.
How can I adjust the binding config if it is not a binding that was installed via GUI but added via *.jar file?

Thank you in advance.

Edit:

The scanned device has the following config:

UID: shelly:shellydevice:a8032abd93f8
label: shellyplus1-a8032abd93f8 - 192.168.0.229
thingTypeUID: shelly:shellydevice
configuration:
deviceIp: 192.168.0.229
userId: admin
password: pass

The manually added device, the following:

UID: shelly:shellyplus1:fc7c0a03f1
label: ShellyPlus 1 (SNSW-001X16EU")
thingTypeUID: shelly:shellyplus1
configuration:
deviceIp: 192.168.0.229
password: pass
updateInterval: 60

Hi, I have over 30 Shelly devices with ‘non-admin’ username.
if I wanna test your gen2 binding I have to change all usernames back to admin?