Shelly Binding

Hi! I just got my first Shelly Plus Plug S Device and tried to configure it with the Shelly Binding. But as I added it as new THING, the Thing Status is offline and it tells me, that the Binding does not support the device type.

I am on openHAB 3.4.3
I saw, that there is also a beta binding, but I am not able to get it installed. Someone can help me?

cheers
Andreas

Ah. I got it. I installed the latest Snapshot Release and now I am able to use the Shelly Plus Plug S!

fyi: I‘m working on the integration of the new BLU series of devices (BLU Button 1 is already on the market), looks good. Let me know if someone beside @igi want to test with this build (not in the repo)

I’m interested in this new Shelly device, but I suppose I need some extra hardware, like a bluetooth dongle? my openHAB is running in docker on my NAS (will probalby move it to another device, but still in docker)

No BT dongle is needed. The connection is made via a (hard-wired) Gen2 device (Plus/Pro Line). Battery-powered devices (Plus H&T, Plus Smoke) cannot be used for this connection.

The Gen2 Devices have a BT chip and function as a gateway for the BLU Devices.

ok, so without a gen2 device, it will not work? I only have the Shelly EM & 3EM

Right. Only Gen2. If your 3EM is Pro Series then yes. With EM not possible.

https://www.shelly.cloud/de/products/shop/pro-3-em

correct, the Plus and Pro devices (Gen2) have a BT chip and a gateway mode, which forwards the BT events (advertisement and sensor data) to the host application. The binding uses the same WebSocket connection for those events as for regular events. This requires firmware version 0.14.1+. Discovery of devices is described in the updated README.

I tested the new builds on a 3.4.3 setup and is possible to change relay#autoOff
 but unfortunately doesn’t accept floats only 1 or 0 i can’t set to 0.2 (i have to open the shelly app to set to 0.2) i use shelly gen 1 device.
For the openhab 4 milestone 2 probably is messed up my setup

correct, I handle this as an Integer, let me check the api doc

Sorry for the late reply,
here you go :slight_smile:

{"ble":{"enable":true,"rpc":{"enable":true},"observer":{"enable":false}},"cloud":{"enable":true,"server":"shelly-12-eu.shelly.cloud:6022/jrpc"},"cover:0":{"id":0, "name":null, "motor":{"idle_power_thr":2.00, "idle_confirm_period":0.25},"maxtime_open":60.00, "maxtime_close":60.00, "initial_state":"stopped", "invert_directions":false,"in_mode":"dual","swap_inputs":false, "safety_switch":{"enable":false, "direction":"both", "action":"stop","allowed_move":null},"power_limit":2800,"voltage_limit":280,"undervoltage_limit":0,"current_limit":10.00,"obstruction_detection":{"enable":false, "direction":"both", "action":"stop", "power_thr":189, "holdoff":1.00}},"input:0":{"id":0, "name":null, "type":"switch","invert":false,"factory_reset":true},"input:1":{"id":1, "name":null, "type":"switch","invert":false,"factory_reset":true},"input:100":{"id":100, "name":"Window", "type":"switch","invert":false,"factory_reset":false},"mqtt":{"enable":false,"server":null,"client_id":"shellyplus2pm-c049ef8621e0","user":null,"topic_prefix":"shellyplus2pm-c049ef8621e0","rpc_ntf":true,"status_ntf":false,"use_client_cert":false,"enable_rpc":true,"enable_control":true},"sys":{"device":{"name":"dev_gr_lv_main_cov","mac":"C049EF8621E0","fw_id":"20230308-091102/0.14.1-g22a4cb7","discoverable":true,"eco_mode":false,"profile":"cover","addon_type":"sensor"},"location":{"tz":"Europe/Berlin","lat":49.865710,"lon":8.626040},"debug":{"mqtt":{"enable":false},"websocket":{"enable":true},"udp":{"addr":null}},"ui_data":{},"rpc_udp":{"dst_addr":null,"listen_port":null},"sntp":{"server":"192.53.103.108"},"cfg_rev":21},"voltmeter:100":{"id":100, "name":null, "report_thr": 0.1},"wifi":{"ap":{"ssid":"ShellyPlus2PM-C049EF8621E0","is_open":false, "enable":true, "range_extender": {"enable":false}},"sta":{"ssid":"Brandl-IOT","is_open":false, "enable":true, "ipv4mode":"dhcp","ip":null,"netmask":null,"gw":null,"nameserver":null},"sta1":{"ssid":"WLAN-LAN","is_open":false, "enable":false, "ipv4mode":"dhcp","ip":null,"netmask":null,"gw":null,"nameserver":null},"roam":{"rssi_thr":-80,"interval":60}},"ws":{"enable":false,"server":null,"ssl_ca":"ca.pem"}}

Ich weis leider nicht, wie ich das ganze besser formatieren kann.

I had a quick look at the API.
are very intersting!
so i tested this http://192.168.1.20/settings/relay/0?auto_off=0.2
the 192.168.1.20 is a shelly2.5 in relay mode. And work fine!
the auto_off inside the app is now 0.2

With the latest SNAPSHOT for 3.4.4 i get randomly high values for meter_kwh for plugs and 1PM.
So now i have to choose between using plus devices or incorrect kwh readings.
When i downgraded to released 3.4.4 the values for meter_kwh is correct

what does that mean “randomly” and “high”?
please provide a debug log
Plug+1PM or Plus Plug+1PM?

I. updated the DEV build to 3.4.5

• rebase to the 3.4.5 branch
  • enhancements to the BLU support - works fine
    new thing config option to enable the GLU Gateway support on Plus/Pro devices
  • Gen1: auto-on/off timer is now double (e.g. values < 1sec) @Lamerjack
  • Plus Addon: Channels for external sensor 4+5 are created

Make sure to removed older versions from adding folder before copying new 3.4.5 into the folder

What else is open?

1 Like

Would that update probably also resolve my issue with the missing addon on the roller (missing input:100) ?

I did like 4 minutes ago the update to the latest 3.4.3 :smiley:

But that didnt resolve the issue so far.

But since i got all things deleted right now, i guess its a good timepoint to go to upgrade.

Are these changes only for 3.4.5 or also for 3.4.4, since the latest stable OH version is still .4

Ok, i loaded the 3.4.5 binding in oh3.4.4
nothing changed (everything works, the input from the shelly addon still not shown
)

hmm, according to the code it should work.
Please provide output from “shell yip/epc/Shelly.GetStatus”
and DEBUG log of the initialization

Thank You very much Markus!