Shelly Binding

No, this was just meant as an example, Of course I use the Shelly Binding. There are some devices where I could not connect a physical switch directly. Therefore I use the ix3 or ix4 with attached switches. Communication between ix snd target Shelly device is done via actions in the ix (http call to target Shelly.
Doing this, I can control anything locally, no internet needed. I have deactivated Shelly cloud from all devices.

Really do not understand your usecase/issue.
Is anything connected to the remaining „unused“ channels ? If not, why need to switch them of separately?

The physical button always turns all four channels ON (if all channels are OFF).

If later the only working channel is turned OFF through openHAB or the Shelly app, the remaining three channels stay ON.

That means that if the physical button is next pressed, it turns these three channels OFF, rather than doing what the user expects: turning the only used channel ON.

So sometimes, the physical button doesn’t seem to do anything (in the user’s eyes), since it doesn’t turn the physical light on.

What do you mean with the only working channel?
Do you have 4 stripes attached to the device or just one ? If the physical button is not doing what you expect, avoid using the input of the shelly but rather use ix4 with attached buttons.

Just one.

In that case I still do not understand the issue all channels to be switched on when physical button is pressed. Does it harm in any way?

If all four channels are ON, and later the only working channel is turned OFF through openHAB or the Shelly app, the remaining three channels stay ON.

As a consequence, if the physical button is next pressed, it turns these three channels OFF, rather than doing what the user expects: turning the only used channel ON.

So sometimes, the physical button doesn’t seem to do anything (in the user’s eyes), since it doesn’t turn the physical light on.

:slight_smile:

So, this is either by design a behaviour of the device using the physical button. Even more a readon not to use the physical button.

H

I think the house should operate ‘analogically’ as well as with software.

But it’s fixed now :slight_smile:

Definitely true, therefore the device is not usable for your needs. :wink:

Can you elaborate a bit more? I would also like to get rid of Shelly Cloud but I have no idea what you’re talking about
 :grin:
What are those IX3 / IX4 things/devices? The Shelly Plus i3 and i4?

Yes, sorry, Shelly Plus i3 and i4. They are directly mounted behind some wall switches where I for whatever reason could not directly place a Shelly 1 od 2.5.
I have configured different action in the i3 and i4 to send commands to other Shelly 1 or 2.5.
When you define an action, you can enter an URL like

http://192.168.0.153/roller/0?go=stop

That‘s all.

Something is wrong with communication with Shelly Blu motion. I cannot add it according to instructions in documentation. It does not apperar in inbox of discovered things.

BUT if I add it manually and press several times switch in Shelly Blu Motion and add some channels I see that items are updating.

BUT the thing has ERROR:COMM state:

AND in Debug event logs I see such entries:

2024-01-28 15:42:07.032 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellyblumotion:6e32aeda78' changed from UNKNOWN (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): Initializing or device in sleep mode. to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unable to connect to device - BLU Device not yet connected(class org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.api.ShellyApiException)

With some users, the BLU gateway doesn’t operate as it should: the script stops working on the gateway device, sometimes as quickly as within two hours.

With me, that also prevents the BLU device from updating its status in the Shelly app (Shelly BLU Door/Window frozen), with MiniOh, that’s not the case (Problems with Shelly BLU Door/Window Sensor - #4 by MiniOh).

Does anyone have the same issue or (better yet) know a fix?

Does anybody has a Plus UNI and implemented the use case “Transform Your Meter Data into Savings”
https://www.shelly.com/en-de/products/product-overview/shelly-plus-uni-1#node-8lpm34j8eglpr

This uses the new pulse counting feature. I want to add those channels to the binding, but also build it myself.

turn on the DEBUG log on the device (using UI), check what happens when script dies

You mean on the Shelly Plus 1PM, which is the Bluetooth gateway?

And how exactly do I do that? I don’t seem to find that option in the Android app, or via the cloud (via my pc browser)?

yes

• open the device’s web ui
  • on the left you find Diagnostics
  • click the play button on the upper right corner of the panel
  • wait until script dies
  • download debug data

Of course, via the IP address

Okay, will come back with the logs later.

I have to leave the “Diagnostics” window open in the browser? Otherwise it doesn’t seem to log

Furthermore, which log should I enable?