Shelly Qubino Wave Shutter with wrong channels?

Hi togther,
in the past i used Qubino ZMNHCD1 Flush Shutter for my blind controll.
Last week one of the moduls brake down and i had to buy a new one. When i try to order i realised that Qubino was overtaken by Shelly, and they provide nearly the same products as Qubino.
I ordered a Shelly Qubino Wave Shutter (QNSH-001P10EU) and include it in my Z-Wave network.
Th device was recognized as shutter module:

But when i switch to the Cannels Tab i see the following:

This are the channels for a Dimmer module. So it is not possible to use this module. Does someone experienced the same?

Robert

I have the same problem…

I think this is a general issue with the Z-Wave database in Openhab.
In other home automation solutions the device seems to work.
I also have a Shelly wave 2pm module (2 switches) which has a wrong parameter (not sure which one, because i was able to get the device to work :slight_smile: )
So in the moment it’s a risk to buy Shelly Qubino devices when you use Openhab.

The ZW DB is community maintained. If there is an issue it just takes someone to do it. FWIW - I believe the dimmer channels need to be changed to blinds_control to match the ZMNHCD1 configs.

I’ve the same issue and tried to find a solution.

I changed manually in local waveshutter_0_0.xml
by comparing with zmnhcd_4_1.xml.
Tested a few changes with trial and error - without success.

When clicking the “Dimmer 1” original item percentage-slider the relay switches once for about 100ms to ON and immediately OFF again.
After modification relay is not switching when clicking on the shutter items blinds-buttons.

Simplest changes were:
replace:
waveshutter_0_0.xml:

Dimmer 1

with:
zmnhcd_4_1.xml:

Blinds control 1

=>just changing typeId (and label) is not enough.
also replacing
COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL:1
with these lines

was not successfull

Comparing shelly documentation Wave Shutter on zwave parameters and commands with waveshutter_0_0.xml
looks reasonable to me.

Maybe I made waveshutter_0_0.xml inconsistent. Is there a tool for generating a waveshutter_0_0.xml?

If somebody can provide a valid waveshutter_0_0.xml I would do the testing.

Try this
waveshutter_0_0.xml (27.5 KB)

follow this post to overwrite the current file in your binding

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately tests were not successful, waveshutter did not switch any relay.

To make sure my test procedure is correct thats what I do:

• I change the value of tag “label” in waveshutter_0_0.xml for each test to assert that the thing reflects my changes to waveshutter_0_0.xml .
  • In openhab GUI I delete the zwaveshutter thing ,
  • pause the zwave bridge,
  • deploy my changes (org.openhab.binding.zwave-4.1.1.jar),
  • start bridge,
  • wait for 1 new thing in Inbox,
  • create new zwaveshutter thing from Inbox,
  • check label
  • from zwaveshutter thing channel (e.g. “Blinds control 1”) create an item,
  • use item blind-control buttons
    => no reaction on relais.

How to proceed?

Maybe somebody can decode the messages (openhab.log) when “Blinds control” is used or point me to a tool. Dont know which message should actually switch the relais.
[DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - NODE 2: Sending REQUEST Message = 01 0D 00 13 02 06 60 0D 01 01 26 02 25 2B A2
[DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - NODE 2: Sending REQUEST Message = 01 0D 00 13 02 06 60 0D 01 01 26 05 25 2C A2
[DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - NODE 2: Sending REQUEST Message = 01 0D 00 13 02 06 60 0D 01 01 26 02 25 2D A4
[DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - NODE 2: Sending REQUEST Message = 01 09 00 13 02 02 26 02 25 2E CA
[DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - NODE 2: Sending REQUEST Message = 01 0D 00 13 02 06 60 0D 01 01 26 02 25 2F A6
[DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - NODE 2: Sending REQUEST Message = 01 10 00 13 02 09 60 0D 01 01 26 04 60 00 FF 25 30 32
[DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - NODE 2: Sending REQUEST Message = 01 09 00 13 02 02 26 02 25 31 D5
[DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - NODE 2: Sending REQUEST Message = 01 0D 00 13 02 06 60 0D 01 01 26 02 25 32 BB

First I have never had any blind devices, so that is a handicap. Second, I copied the blinds channels from Qubino ZMNHCD1 Flush Shutter (first post that was reported to work), so I think further tests are needed. Are your blinds on channel 1?

I can’t tell anything from that data except that messages are going out.

1. You need to post the full log, not excerpts
  2. You need to explain what you did to generate the log

On the self-help side there is a log viewer here. For example this is the output from your snippet.

I’m not an expert in regards of Z-Wave but I have many devices working.
I also tried to use the new Shelly wave shutter.
For me it seems obvious that the database entries of this device are wrong. I compared my Fibaro Rollershutter 3 (under Endpoints in DB) and there you can see “blinds_control” instead of “switch_dimmer” for the Shelly.
Shelly wave shutter: OpenSmartHouse Z-Wave Device Database
Fibaro Rollershutter 3: OpenSmartHouse Z-Wave Device Database

If there is someone who can update this in the database it would be great.

I created a draft XML with I think are the needed changes, but wanted a test to confirm before making any DB changes since I do not have the device

I have a device but currently no roller shutter motor connected to it. Because I will get new shutters this May, I bought this Shelly to pre-test the device integration in OH.

The ZW DB is community maintained, then uploaded into the binding by the developer after review. I do sometimes try to speed things along because I know it is frustrating to not have your shiny new device work (and trying to help in the OH community). My personal guideline when I do choose to get involved and do not have the device, is to produce a test XML (like above) and have it tested (under the " first do no harm" concept). I can’t sort out what is happening above. I expected some sort of blinds moving up/down or stopping test (or not) with supporting debug, so yesterday’s DB update will not have any changes with this device.

However, since you have the device and you won’t be able to do more than include the device until May, my suggestion is to read the ZW DB blog, register and open a ticket for write access and make the changes you desire. ZW DB are generally updated at least every three weeks.

I appreciate your effort!
Yes I thought about registering for the DB but I don’t know if I have enough know how.
I will go through the guide and maybe register to it to update the device.