Success with Sonoff zigbee bridge and zigbee binding

Hm it was connected to the aqara bridge but this is powered of! Or is there something I have to do to unpair from the old bridge?

Don’t know if this is relevant, but i used touchlink to reset some bulbs before i could pair then to anew.

With the aqara sensors holding the pairing button for longer than your would think reasonable worked for me (with another coordinator though)

I have some success while connecting the Aqara Sensors to the bridge. It seems that my nearly activated Hue bridge is blocking the connection to the sonoff bridge.

So now I have successful connected the Aqara button and also a Osram Switch to it. But now I have the next challenge which I cannot resolve by myself after lot of investigation: I’d like to control the Osram Switch over MQTT from Openhab. My problem is, that all connected sensors in the console of the tasmota bridge only show “tele/tasmota/sensor”. There is no difference between button or switch. how can i differantiate them in the things configuration?

Good news !
That’s the expected behavior, the device can be identified with the json payload.
You can use options to have a different topic per device:

and then configure your items and things like this:

Thanks…with several threads and tries I am now able to check a sensor completely. Next step is the 2 way communication with a switch.

I handled it now completely in PaperUI with Regex and JSONPATH Transformation.

Sorry but I am still new here.
I have a Sonoff Zigbee Bridge with Tasmota and fail at the two points mentioned:

I tried this command
socat -dd pty,link=/dev/ttyzbbridge,raw,user-late=openhab,group-late=dialout tcp:192.168.1.100:8888

but I have still “permission denied”
socat[30212] E symlink(“/dev/pts/1”, “/dev/ttyzbbridge”): Permission denied

Any ideas?

and what do I have to set in the Serial Binding?

Update:

Hey have solved my problem and it goes even a little better with the help of this post you can set up the connection so that it is automatically established at system startup (Auto reconnect is easy by restart socat service when connection lost)

Hello,

Glad you made it work.
OpenHAB 3 is now released, and should support RFC2217 URI for Serial Binding.
It means you don’t need socat anymore, and you can simply use rfc2217://192.168.1.100:8888 as port for the serial binding configration.

I have not tested… has anybody feedback on this new feature ?

Oh damn I have OH3 in use unfortunately I have found nothing. But thanks for the tip will test that later.

I tried following your instructions, but I am getting [ERROR] [zigbee.dongle.ember.ZigBeeDongleEzsp] - NCP requires unsupported version of EZSP (required = V8, supported = V4) error in openhab.log .

OK after reboot I am not getting that error anymore, but I am still getting “Status: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR” in " Ember EM35x Coordinator".

I used ncp-uart-sw_6.7.6_115200.ota

I can access /dev/ttyzbbridge with openhab user.

And I am using openhab with docker

Anyone had success with starting socat with start.sh? I keep crashing my docker startup

I already tried using this feature and was able to connect the sonoff zbbridge as a serial bridge with the serial binding.

Additionally the zigbee binding is supposed to work with RFC2217 out of the box, but I couldn’t get this to work.

Is it possible to increase data refresh rate? it takes > ~2 seconds to refresh it. So door sensor is not displaying correct state.

socat has no delay, it must come from the zigbee binding, but I have no idea how to fix this

:frowning: the whole zigbee setup is soooo unstable in my OH 2.5 setup. Crashes for no reason from time to time

It seems that crashing was fixed after upgrading OH. 6h+ uptime without crash

Is this feature described somewhere? I only have the options to connect zigbee USB dongles.

Its called “Ember EM35x Coordinator”. Look at the steps in first second post/comment.

FYI, ITead has announced in a video that they will soon sell a Sonoff branded Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle that is based the exact same Silicon Labs EFR32MG21 SoC as their Sonoff ZBBridge Zigbee Bridge

Note! Ember USB Zigbee adapters/dongles/sticks like these are highly recommended over using a remotely connected Ember module using a serial-to-ip bridge / serial forwarding server like ser2net. The reazon for this is that clients using the EZSP serial protocol requires a robust connection between the EmberZNet Zigbee stack running on EFR32 MCU and the serial port of the Zigbee radio. With solutions such as ITEAD Sonoff ZBBridge or a Ser2Net serial proxy connection over a WiFi network it is expected to see NCP entered failed state. Requesting APP controller restart in the logs. This is a normal part of the operation and indicates there was a drop in communication which caused packet loss to occurred between the zigpy radio library and the Zigbee radio. The use of serial network proxies/bridges/servers over WiFi is therefore not recommended when wanting a stable Zigbee environment with Silicon Labs Ember based Zigbee radios. The developers of the bellows radio library for the zigpy project has more information about this if needed.

Quick question; you guys using the Tasmota-flashed Sonoff Zigbee Bridge - do any of you have a working example controlling an RGB light through MQTT (I am interested in the .things definition) ??
I raised the question seperately here: Issue with Sonoff Zigbee Bridge with Tasmota - controlling RGB strip through MQTT - but guess that I might get easier success asking in this thread ?

Can somebody help me? I dont understand how to connect openhab with tasmota.

From what I understood I need to enter the tasmota ip as a port so I tryied like this:

It didn’t worked.
I read on other topics and also on this about serial binding so I created this:

Witch seemed to work, the status changed to online.

But how do I connect the serial binding with the zigbee binding? Or is there something I’m missing here?
I’m using openhab 3.0.1 build.

Thanks!

Your configuration seems correct, since it appears online.
When you use to rfc2217:// (with OH3), you don’t need socat+serial binding anymore.
You should now be able to pair new devices.