Synology DiskStation

hi Christian, will there be a synology package for the release of v2.3?

It would be great if there was. Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I packaged a new release for OH 2.3.0:

Chris

2 Likes

thanks Christian, Iā€™ll give it go in a few days when I have some time.

hi Christian, Iā€™ve tried installing/running, and it says ā€œfailed to start packageā€. Iā€™ve noticed that an openhab user isnā€™t created, too.

Seeing the issues on Github regarding the OH 2.3.0 release it seems it is not advisable yet to install it to replace a previous version?
I am reluctant to try because I fear Iā€™ll loose my config with all Z-Wave things/items and suchā€¦

Hi,
I have the same problem with OH 2.3.0 that it will not start.
All relevant directories are empty.

Using
a DS214play
with DSM 6.1.7-15284
java version ā€œ1.8.0_172ā€
Javaā„¢ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_172-b11)
Java HotSpotā„¢ Client VM (build 25.172-b11, mixed mode)

I tried to build a new release:

Please try the new version.
Iā€™m sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately I have very little time right now!

It is running.

Great job.
Thanks a lot

Looking great so far. Thank you very much!

Continuing the discussion from Synology DiskStation:

Hi cniweb,

i installed openHAB-2.3.0.003-syno-noarch-0.001.spk , but it doesnā€™t start.

Exception from Log:

2018-06-09 07:03:20.418 [SEVERE] [org.apache.karaf.main.Main] - Could not launch framework
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not resolve mvn:org.eclipse.platform/org.eclipse.osgi/3.11.3
at org.apache.karaf.main.util.SimpleMavenResolver.resolve(SimpleMavenResolver.java:59)
at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.createClassLoader(Main.java:457)
at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.launch(Main.java:254)
at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.main(Main.java:179)

System: DS918+
DSM: DSM 6.1.7-15284
Java: 1.8.0_171-b11

thx

A clean install wonā€™t work. But if i update from 2.2 to 2.3 it seems to work

I have problem with serial connection.
There my post in thread Modbus openHAB2 binding available for alpha testing

connection always could not created:

2018-06-20 22:04:46.106 [TRACE] [ing.ModbusSlaveConnectionFactoryImpl] - Created connection SerialConnection@7a70950e[portName=/dev/ttyUSB1,port=<null>] for endpoint ModbusSerialSlaveEndpoint@73a395c7[portName=/dev/ttyUSB1]
2018-06-20 22:04:46.108 [ERROR] [et.wimpi.modbus.net.SerialConnection] - Could not get port identifier, maybe insufficient permissions. gnu.io.NoSuchPortException: null
2018-06-20 22:04:46.110 [ERROR] [ing.ModbusSlaveConnectionFactoryImpl] - connect try 1/1 error: Could not get port identifier, maybe insufficient permissions. null. Connection SerialConnection@7a70950e[portName=/dev/ttyUSB1,port=<null>]. Endpoint ModbusSerialSlaveEndpoint@73a395c7[portName=/dev/ttyUSB1]
2018-06-20 22:04:46.111 [ERROR] [ing.ModbusSlaveConnectionFactoryImpl] - re-connect reached max tries 1, throwing last error: Could not get port identifier, maybe insufficient permissions. null. Connection SerialConnection@7a70950e[portName=/dev/ttyUSB1,port=<null>]. Endpoint ModbusSerialSlaveEndpoint@73a395c7[portName=/dev/ttyUSB1]
2018-06-20 22:04:46.112 [ERROR] [ing.ModbusSlaveConnectionFactoryImpl] - Error connecting connection SerialConnection@7a70950e[portName=/dev/ttyUSB1,port=<null>] for endpoint ModbusSerialSlaveEndpoint@73a395c7[portName=/dev/ttyUSB1]: Could not get port identifier, maybe insufficient permissions. null

java version:

java version "1.8.0_172"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_172-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.172-b11, mixed mode)

DS418
Realtek RTD1296 SoC
DSM 6.1.7-15284

Hi all.
I have just migrated to a new syno nas, and want to update my OH2 from 2.0.0.008-SNAPSHOT.

Is the current build working for people?

Also, I had trouble installing the current spk via manual install as port 8080 in use. Any suggestions?

System Info Binding Help

Can anybody share their ā€œSystem Infoā€ things, items & rules config for their Synology? Iā€™m running the DS716+ and for some reason can NOT get this binding to work.

https://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/systeminfo/readme.html

Best, Jay

The opnhab Use has no permissions for /dev/ttyUSB1

Hi,

I installed the Openhab 2.3 Synology .spk on my diskstation. Openhab runs OK, but I am having trouble getting serial ports running.

I tried all kinds of solutions on the internet, like adding usergroups dialout and uucd, access rights to /run/lock and /dev/tty* etc.

Nothing helpsā€¦

When I start Openhab from the command line using start.sh I get the message:

/volume1/SmartHome/openHAB/userdata/tmp/libNRJavaSerial_root_0/libNRJavaSerial.so: /volume1/SmartHome/openHAB/userdata/tmp/libNRJavaSerial_root_0/libNRJavaSerial.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: canā€™t load IA 32-bit .so on a ARM-64bit platform)

It looks like the problem is that Openhab tries to load a 32bit Intel library. My Synology has a Realtek RTD1296 CPU, which has a 64bit ARMv8 hardfloat architecture.

It seems the problem is in the package nrjavaserial. In my Openhab release version 3.12OH is included. I uninstalled this package through the karaf command line and put version 3.15 in the addons folder. From version 3.14 nrjavaserial supports ARMv8. The problem is still there, so it seems the problem is in Openhab itself, it tries to load the wrong .so

Can somebody please help me with this issue? I have spent many hours on this, but still no success. Thank you

Regards,

Robin

@cniweb any chance on a more recent release?

@cniweb

I installed Openhab2 on the nas, openHAB-2.3.0.005-syno-noarch-0.001.spk, but I was wrong about selecting the directory.
All files are under / volume1 / @ appstore / openHAB2
Questions:

• how can I move under / volume1 / public / openHAB2?
  • Or I can also remove the whole Openhab installation, how?
  • which directory should I create before installation?

Thank you

create /volume1/public/openHAB

Uninstalling it removes all files (except v1/public/openHAB - if created)

So, uninstall it, then create the folder, then install OH and be sure to select the option to use the public folder.

Thank you :grinning: