Synology DiskStation

I am VERY new to OpenHAB and trying to learn quick.

I have an issue with the OpenHAB synology package running on Synology DS2015xs with DSM 6.0.1-7393 Update 2.

I installed the OpenHAB-2.0.0-beta3-DSM6-syno-noarch-0.001.spk and it appeared to work. The website would load however it was very slow to install bindings, etc. But it all worked.

Then I decided to uninstall that package and install OpenHAB-1.8.3-DSM6-syno-noarch-0.001.spk to be on an official build instead of beta.

I now cannot get the website to load when using OpenHAB-1.8.3-DSM6-syno-noarch-0.001.spk alos I have uninstalled this package to go back to OpenHAB-2.0.0-beta3-DSM6-syno-noarch-0.001.spk which also does not work.

Are there some configuration files other than /volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB2 that need to be deleted to start from fresh?

Ok so a reboot of the NAS brought the OpenHAB-2.0.0-beta3-DSM6-syno-noarch-0.001.spk website back up.

And now its dead again. After uninstalling one more time. Even after a reboot it wont come back up.

Hello. I just installed OpenHAB 2.0.0 beta3 on my Synology DS213. I managed to install Java and openHAB, but when I try to start it with ā€œstart_runtime.shā€ it stops with ā€œfind: server: No such file or directoryā€. It seems that it cannot find org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_*.jar.
Indeed, I did not install eclipse separately (and did not find any instruction that I need to do so). Do I have to install it separately and where from?
Thank you for any help.

Hi,

Iā€™ve got OH1.8.3 installed on Synology NAS.
It was working perfectly fine before yesterday.

And now Iā€™m getting an error:
2016-08-25 07:22:09.816 [ERROR] [g.openhab.io.net.http.HttpUtil] - Fatal transport error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

Iā€™ve tried to restart the package, restart NAS, reinstalled java, nothing helped.
Any ideas?

Cheers!
Sasha

Hi,
finally work for me. I installed chroot synology service and installed with deb file.

Bye

Hi. Please help me with script for restart OH.
Sometimes mqtt binbing lost connection, only restart help.

I tryed:

Switch    OpenHABRestart    "OpenHAB Restart"    {exec=">[ON:sudo /usr/syno/bin/synopkg restart OpenHAB]", autoupdate="false" }

but this is non works.

Sorry I tried lot of time the packageā€¦ but doesn t work for me.
I installed chroot on synology ad configured all with putty

Igor, are you sure you waited long enough for the service to fully start?

It takes a number of minutes rather than seconds, and when I first installed OH2 (on a DS214play) I thought it didnā€™t work because I didnā€™t give it enough time to start.

So, this timezone problem. I have OH23 installed on a 214play, and it runs very well - apart from having the wrong time, which is a pain when configuring rules.

In ā€˜local timeā€™ in ā€˜controlā€™ of Paper UI, it shows the right local (daylight savings) time (in the ā€˜valueā€™ part), and the right GMT (in the ā€˜dateā€™ part). Iā€™ve also checked start_runtime.sh, and that already includes a ā€œ-Duser.timezone=Europe/Londonā€ part.

However, within my custom sitemap, the datetime returned by ntp:ntp:local:dateTime is the GMT time and not the local daylight savings time (British Summer Time).

Is there any way to get the correct local time, so that it displays correctly on the sitemap and is the time that is used by any rules?

It would also be nice if the config files it used were at public/OpenHAB2/conf rather than at /volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB2/conf.

Is there somewhere that the path to the config files can be changed?

Yes. I waited 15 minutes. Now it start on 30 sec :slight_smile:

When I istalled i created a soft link (ln) in linux

thanks Igor, Iā€™ll give it another try - I must have messed that up when I tried that before.

The version of OH2 that I installed recently created a softlink to public/OpenHAB2/conf - yet for some reason it just doesnā€™t want to work on my system.

Oddly, if I rename that softlink and create a physical ā€˜confā€™ directory at /volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB2/conf and then copy my working files from public/OpenHAB2/conf to it, it does work.

Iā€™ve checked the ownership rights, and theyā€™re the same in both locations so that canā€™t be the issue for why it doesnā€™t work when located at public/OpenHAB2/conf, but iā€™m stumped for what else it might be. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

I am not able to start OH2 spk on DSM 5.2 using start/run in the packages tab. I have installed the correct version. I can start OH2 spk by going to /Volume1/@appstore/OpenHAB2/ and typing sh start.sh. Can someone help start the package regularly ? That way, it restarts automatically with reboots.

Hi.
Will work OH2 & OH1.8.3 together on SynologyNAS?
I want to try OH2.
Thanks.

hi Christian, Iā€™ve just installed the new snapshot package for OH2 & DSM6, and it wonā€™t run and looks like itā€™s not installed all of the files.

If it was meant to be installed over the top of the previous version, DSM6 says to uninstall the previous version.

What have I done wrong?

Hi - same here. It was a first install, though.
But the issues are the same: OH2 seems to be running (thatā€™s what it says in package manager), but no files in /public/Openhab2 (actually, thereā€™s no folder of that name) and no website reachable at port 8080

hi Patrick,

I can tell you that (at least, as far as the beta 3 package goes) the install package wonā€™t create the /public/OpenHAB2 (note the case!) directory, but will use it if the directory already existsā€¦ tho on my own system thereā€™s still some issues with it, see my post above from about a month ago for how i dealt with it (if you need further info, just ask).

If you want to use OH2 right now I can recommend the beta-3 as very usable. The only real issue Iā€™ve had with it is that thereā€™s a bug somewhere within the rules processing, which throws an error msg into the log, tho the rule might still run properly (tho it might not do, too). Itā€™s for a fix to that rules problem that Iā€™m keen to get the latest version installed.

Iā€™ve just remembered that one of the issues with the latest OH2 snapshot is that it doesnā€™t create the openhab2 user - so itā€™s never going to work as an install.