[TapoControl] - Control Tapo Smart WiFi-Devices with Openhab - Official Support Thread

And now I’m at this screen:

What should I do next?

I’m having the same issue now.
The binding appeared once after having downloaded it. Had to remove it from the addons directory and now it is no longer installing. Restart of OH doesn’t work either.
I will play around with it to see if I can find something.

Now I successfully controlled my L530 and L510. This is my first devices that I could control via openHAB. Thank you for developing this binding.(I downloaded 3.2.0 spanshot)

I also have P105 and I want to control it but you support only P100. Is there any big difference around there?

Hi,
is the P105 controlled with the same app?
I can add the P105 Device if it’s controlled with the same commands. but i can’t test it because i have not such a device

Currently i am revising the code, because the binding should act as a bridge to be published to openhab-addons repository.
so in the new version there will be a masked password field too.
If the new version will work i can also add the P105 so you can test it.

Sorry, absolutely not. I could not control P105 by the current code. I tried rewriting the string from “P100” to “P105” and check if it works but failed.

On the original code it makes this error " CONFIGURATION_ERROR wrong device found: P105" and modified code says “HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR” which I don’t know why.(I’m really a beginner of openHAB)

And I found that I can’t get “Color Temperature” from L530(always 0) and cannot change color temp on L510(always 2500K)

Releasing as a official addon is a very good news. Thanks a lot.

Hello, yes in the current version the P105 is not implemented.
The question was if the P105 uses the same (android) app like the other devices?

You asked P105 uses Tapo or not? Then the answer is Yes. I use Tapo to control P105 and it actually works. I’m not sure this one is only shipped to Japan but I cannot find P100 on Amazon in Japan. I can also find HS105 which should be supported by Kasa version of TP-Link addon, but I don’t have one.

Hello, I have a TAPO L900 LED strip. Is there a way to include the LED strip in the configuration?

Maybe it could be possible. But at the moment i don’t have such a device.

@junNGYM
maybe the japanese versions ar using other commands?
the european are talking with eu-cloud. maybe we can trace some commands when the new version is finished. but at the moment i’m still busy with that version

How can I help you so that it can be implemented?

Sponsor a device :stuck_out_tongue:
I can just guess if it’s handled like a color-bulb. Maybe i can implement a test-device an then trace the communication results, but without a device a cannot really debug communication.

But first i’ve to finish the new “bridge-version”. i hope i’ll finish it this week.

Hello Chris,

good idea. But as an alternative, I would offer you a team viver session to my OH to test the connection on the device. If that would be of any help to you.

Hello, everyone,
I use the Tapo P100 with the bindings for OH 3.1. Everything works fine too. Only the TP 100 goes offline once or twice a week.
Does anyone have the same problem and how to fix it? TP100 German

Hi,

I’m having some performance issue’s with the TapoControl addon.
For some reason my CPU gradually increases over the days and at some point it will fully freeze the openhab instance.

I have made another topic about the performance issue:
OH3: Ramping CPU Issue - Setup, Configuration and Use / Installation - openHAB Community

And after some testing I found out the ramping CPU is because of the tapocontrol thing.
I have 2 x P100 with a pollingInterval of 30. If I remove the thing file my CPU goes back to normal.

Anyone else having the same issue ? System info can be found in the forum link.

I had the same problem with that version. Try the 3.2 one.

Same with me with the 3.2 version.

I also observe that after 10+ on/off cycles the P100 starts to have an increasingly long delay to respond (reported to Chris months ago). Restarting OH seems to reinitialize the binding, and after some time the problem appears again.

Hey guys. Currently i’m developing and testing a new version which works with a “bridge” for login.
Hope the problems will be resolved then.

2 Likes

I can give you the packet capture file of the P105 starts up and turn on / turn off control. The controller Android phone’s address was 192.168.137.4 and I couldn’t find any direct communication between P105 and this phone. All communication seems like via security.iot.i.tplinknbu.com and device-cloudgateway.iot.i.tplinknbu.com

Do you need testers ? I’m a volunteer.

Still have to fix some problems. Think I found the problem for the communication issues. But hat to rewrite a lot of code

Keep up the good work! Same here, also volunteer to test

1 Like