Texecom SmartCom Binding

Hello Everyone,

I have just finished installing a Texecom Premier 48 with a SmartCom interface and I’m hoping to do some integration with openHAB.

Com1 and Com2 are now in use with the SmartCom interface and to add Com3 for serial comms I’d have to use the Digi pins and this already has a relay board plugged in so I would really like to use the SmartCom and integrate via UDP/TCP.

Has anyone had success with this? - I can see some discussions from 3 years ago but nothing really conclusive, especially regarding the SmartCom.

Thanks,

Joel.

Hi Joel

I can’t help with the SmartCom but I’ve got it working using a telecom serial cable and Moxa n-port like this
https://community.openhab.org/t/how-to-integrate-oh-with-a-texecom-alarm-system/38703/27

I have auto lights working in most rooms. Probably the only house with a ceiling PIR in the bathroom!

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply but I don’t think I’m going to have any success with this. The SmartCom unit takes up Com1 and Com2 and i think Com3 is only installed on the largest panel.

So, it looks like I have to choose between either having Texecom Connect, or having integration with OpenHab.

Its a shame, I was hoping the two could co-exist.

Cheers,

Joel.

Hi Joel

I’ve not used the Connect as it was so new when I got my Premier Elite 48 that I was scared off :slight_smile:

I suppose it depends what you use Connect for and what benefit you will see from the OpenHab integration. Are you using the Connect for remote monitoring etc? Sorry I can’t be of any more help, maybe someone else can.

Cheers
Dave