The "new" Milight IBox and milight binding

@Adi_Vacaru the 2.0 version of the binding does not support the newer IBOX bridges. For IBOX support you need to be using the 2.1 version from the snapshot repository.

1 Like

oh, Thanks a lot. I’m not sure how to do that but i will give it a try. is it by any chance installing the snapshot release from openhab ? or is there also a snapshot release of the binding ?(i’m new to this so bear with me.)

like described here : http://docs.openhab.org/installation/linux.html

Auto discovery need to work, forcing a configuration is almost never necessary. The old V3 bridge (not ibox) doesn’t provide much feedback therefore it may appear online in paperui if configured manually, although there isn’t any physical device. Ibox is more sophisticated and supported since the 2.1 version of the binding. With 2.2 the ibox support will be extended for using older bulbs.

1 Like

It works , it doesnt let me change the animation speed but i can live with that. Thank you for your help MikeJMajorMike Major and David_Graeff

1 Like

I have exactly the same setup with the ibox2 but it´s still not working, even if i install the newest version 2.1.

With the mobile milight app it´s no problem, and i also see the milight bridge online and in paper ui its also recognizing the zones and all online - but nothing happens whenn i switch on the light or changing the color - i dunno what i´m doing wrong.

Only thing which looks strange to me that he shows the milight box in v2 compatibility mode. I´m using RGBW 6w Bulbs.

Would be awesome if u have a hint for me what the problem could be.

Cheers & Thanks for the great work on this binding!
Gero

EDIT: I also add the bridge manually - after that it´s detecting all the zones automatically in the inbox.

i can tell you what i did:

• i added it as thing

• all the nice items apeared in the inbox :

• then selected RGBWW ( Zone 3) ---- Add as thing

• next go to Configuration -> Things and click on Rgbww Color (Zone 3) or the zone you want

• afterwards link it to items and go to control and you can controll it.

Ah man - great - thanks for your explanation!

I think i didnt get it that i also have to install the new openhab version - i just installed the new 2.1 milight binding on openhab 2.0!

will install and think that i´m also able to do it afterwards! Thanks a lot! you guys rock!

cheers,
Gero

now you made me curious when i tried to install the binding on the official release from openhab 2 in the binding tab it would only show only 1,9.0 and 2.0 . how did you install 2.1? does anybody know this? Is there a way of installing binding other than the paper ui ? (sorry for the noob question)

i just put the file manually in the addons folder via samba filetransfer on mac - after restarting oh2 i was able to access it and search with the milight binding in the inbox.

downloaded the jar file from here:
http://oss.jfrog.org/oss-snapshot-local/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.milight/2.1.0-SNAPSHOT/

i dunno if its the correct way to do it :smiley:

FYI

I just installed the snapshot version of OH. And now its working with milight!!!

only thing which is not controllable is: the nightmode, animation speed. But its ok 4 me.

Thanks a lot!
Gero

Same here! Nightmode and Animation Speed are not working. Nightmode is not important for me -i create my own “Cinema Mode” which dimm the light to 25% with one button press.

But to get a working Animation speed would be great because the Rainbow animation i to fast for me and i want it to set a bit slower. Is there any solution? @David_Graeff & @Adi_Vacaru?

Yes nightmode is not really important for OH users, as we have rules etc…

It´s really cute to dim the lights with the rule by pressing play on chromecast. But at this moment it´s not recognizing the “play press” when you press it at the app which you are using for casting, just directly by pressing play in OH.

Dunno if there is any workaround for this, to transmit the play button press from other apps. But this is the wrong thread for this topic :slight_smile: i think

Next step for me with the working milight binding will be kind of an automatic scene realization like sunrise emulation and so on.

I have know David may know as i think he is doing the development. I’m just a user that got things to work.

Ok, I guessed you had already create a functional thing or item for Animation Speed.

So we must wait till @David_Graeff has time to write :slight_smile:

Switch Wohnzimmerlicht
	"Wohnzimmerbeleuchtung"
	[ "Lighting"] 
	{ channel="milight:rgbwLed:F0FE6B2DC252:1:ledbrightness"}

Not working anymore with ledbrightness. I’m using the latest unstable version.

Maybe you should try it with:

Dimmer Wohnzimmerlicht "Wohnzimmerbeleuchtung" [ "Lightning" ] { channel="milight:rgbwLed:F0FE6B2DC252:1:ledbrightness"}```

Switch is only for On/Off. I hope I'm right :wink:

That’s true. Switch is only for on/off and at the moment, i’m not able to switch the light on or off, because there’s no switch.

The binding code didn’t change since January, at least it wasn’t changed by me, the author. openHab might be more restrictive now and doesn’t allow switches for ranged values. You can bind a switch to the on/off channel though. And I recommend to use the paperui for configuration.

Cheers,
David

Removed all items in .items file and added a switch over paperui, but without any success.

EDIT: Using Basicui instead of paperui to watch my switches, everything is fine. Maybe there was an update for paperui?

Does anyone know who to set the repeating of commands when the bridge is defined in the things file (not PaperUI)? I used:

Bridge milight:bridgeV3:CBBF12285DF8 [ ADDR=“10.0.0.121”, ID="CBBF12285DF8 " , REPEAT=“2”, WAIT_BETWEEN_COMMANDS=“200”] {
Thing rgbLed 1
Thing rgbLed 2
Thing rgbLed 3
Thing rgbLed 4
}

The lights work, but not always reliably. Linux’s tcpdump (also shows UDP traffic) only shows one packet being sent for each command. thanks