Use of Logo on website or youtube videos

Hello, is there any restriction for using official OpenHAB logo on website or youtube videos (no commercial activity, just personal)?

I’m a fan of OpenHAB and use it since 2017. I have also an “open” post with my progress so far.

Now I’m trying to migrate my actual v.2 setup to a new and fresh v.3

Thanks.

Marco

Hey Marcolino
I didn’t want your question to fall to far down the threads before you got an answer since I’ve checked out your blog and think it is cool and definitely promotes our beloved OpenHAB
Unfortunately I am not able to provide a definitive answer but this may help

But you did.

If they join the Foundation, they can use it.

Who says that?
We still have not defined the rules for logo usage.

Kai

With the upcoming “openHAB Foundation e.V.”, the idea is actually to formalize it in the way that foundation members are automatically free to use the logo.

and implied by his question here.

I think you misinterpreted this.
It is the idea to give permission, but we have to define rules for that, which has not been done right now. Reason for that is that the logo registration has not finished yet.

Perhaps the web page could be updated then

That’s exactly @hmerk point: There are no rules yet. The “logo registration” is a legal act that takes much longer than expected and as long as this isn’t done, we cannot define any re-use rules.
What you quoted me with was an “idea” and nothing that has been settled.

1 Like

So, for now I cannot use the logo?
Thanks

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :roll_eyes:

Bruce!
<kidding>reading comprehension owns you dude</kidding>
:wink: you are going to get us both in trouble

edit: thanks @Kai and @hmerk for making that crystal clear (hopefully) for all of us

1 Like

No, you can’t !

1 Like

Ok thanks

Just to get that right, the process of logo registration takes more than 4 years???

1 Like

It can, depending on wether there are objections from other companies…
But you got the four years wrong. It took quite some time to have the new logo designed and if i remember correct, registration of the logo has started nearly two years ago…

…which is nevertheless a really long time…and apparently blocking other follow up decisions… :frowning:

The new logo has been out 3 years.