[velux] New OpenHAB2 binding - feedback welcome!

In case anyone is interested, the Pull Request with all the changes mentioned above can be seen here

2 Likes

great work.
Yesterday I had to restart my bridge as well after restarting OH.
Was not able to collect logs :frowning: very busy these days.

Is it possible to have the KLF200 connected to openhab via wifi, or does it have to be over LAN?

Afaik the wifi network is only available for configuration purpose - it creates a personal hotspot then. But joining a network is not possible.

Personally would not add one more wireless connection here - the connection to the devices is wireless and this would add another level of complexity / point of failure in the overall system.
Using cable means enhanced stability.

Thank you. I already though so but had some hope. :slight_smile:
I dont have a LAN connection on the attic yet. So I placed the KLF200 in the cellar. Unfortunately this is to far away from the rollershutters on the roof.

I somehow donā€™t want the box in my office.
Time to lay some cableā€¦

I have a KLF in my garden out house. To access it I put a UniFi WiFi access point in the outhouse with its wireless uplink meshed via WiFi to the main house, and its wired ethernet downlink connected to the KLF bridge. It works perfectly. And saved me running outdoor cables.

Velux binding rock stars be like @gs4711, @AndrewFG. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Hi @AndrewFG, could not find the JAR file, is it available anywhere? thx

JAR file HERE

Have you tried power cycling the KLF200 ?

There still seems to be a problem with the KLF200 (@AndrewFG mentioned it somewhere): If the communication fails miserably, the KLF200 doesnā€™t allow you to connect anymore and needs a power cycle. I have the problem that I shutdown my VM with OH2 once a week. Still didnā€™t manage to shut down the OH2 service before the VM shuts down, so the communication with KLF200 locks up.

Donā€™t ask whyā€¦
I removed the binding, downloaded the latest binding as of 6 days ago, set the klf200 password to that on the sticker again(should only change WLAN login passwd, I changed that long ago??),
klf200 was auto-discovered and now works?

I would say that the power cycle was what fixed it :slight_smile:

With Velux Binding 1x timestamp was epoch time of last answer from klf200 gate. In binding 2x timestamp is replaced by downtime channel.
My item using downtime channel is 0 (zero) all time. Is it correct ?

Probably.

downtime Time interval (sec) between last successful and most recent device interaction.

Zero is the best possible value = no failed interactions.

Has anyone testet the binding with openhab 3.0 yet?

Yes.

1 Like

Yes. Works like a charme

The binding has been updated to 2.5.11 in my system last month. I changed the curtain scene ā€œthingsā€ to silent in stead of ā€œshortā€ and it worked as expected as far as I recall. But this morning the curtains opened at regular speed.

By changing the things back from silent to short, things are working silent againā€¦ checking the bindings in the openhab console it is certainly showing version 2.5.11ā€¦ just reporting it, as I manage to get it working as I want it.

Happy new year, BTW.

Err. Itā€™s complicatedā€¦

1. When I made those changes, I used a local build of the binding JAR file (called v2.5.11-SNAPSHOT.jar).
  2. And at that time, the OH maintainers were focussing all efforts on the OpenHAB v3 release, and they blocked adding new features into the v2.5.x branch.
  3. So all those changes were merged into the official v3.0 version of the release, but not into the official v2.5.11 release.
  4. Then later the maintainers did once more re-allow urgent bug fixes back into the v2.5.x branch, and based on this the v2.5.11 was released. But not with my changes.
  5. So basically the official v2.5.11 is actually v2.5.10 with a new label on it.

So your ā€˜updateā€™ was actually a ā€˜downgradeā€™ from my unofficial v2.5.11 to the official v2.5.10 with a new label on itā€¦

1 Like