This binding produces calculated meterological data based on raw observations from a weather station. Using temperature, humidity, and pressure items this binding is able to provide a range of additional metrics.
- Wind Chill
- Heat Index
- Feels Like Temperature
- Dew Point
- Vapor Pressure
- Wet-Bulb Temperature
- Sea Level Pressure
- Atmospheric Pressure Trend
- Cardinal Wind Direction (from degrees)
- High/Low temperature
- Rainfall Accumulation (for stations that only report incremental accumulation)
Calculated values are automatically updated as the values they are calculated from are updated. Temperature, Humidity and Pressure items are mandatory; additional calculations will be made if Rain and Wind items are configured.
This binding does not support auto-discovery. To create a new instance, go to the Inbox and click on “add new thing” and choose “Weather Calculations Binding”. Then, complete the configuration by providing height of the station and choosing the items you want to use as the sources for the calculated values. Additional details can be found in the readme document in the repository linked below.
- Compiled for openHAB 4.0
- Added wet bulb and vapor pressure calculations
- Compiled for openHAB 3.4
- Support for multiple things. Previously adding a new Weather Calculation thing would disable any previous ones.
- Uses correct value for “Low Temperature Yesterday”
- Compiled for openHAB 3.2
- JAR [https://bitbucket.org/hww3/org.openhab.binding.weathercalculations/downloads/org.openhab.binding.weathercalculations-4.0.1.jar]
- Repository [~hww3/org.openhab.binding.weathercalculations - Imported from Bitbucket - sourcehut git]
- Announcement and Discusson [Generating derived weather calculations with the Weather Calculations Binding]