Weather Underground widget with forecast

Hi, would love to get this awesome widget working but having some difficulties doing so… more likely because im a total noob at this…

Im on build 1219 but do not see any values appear in this widget. What do i need to configure exactly? Images like windspeed and humidity are visible but that is. the rest show N/A of stuff like {{’ %.1f’ | sprintf:itemValue(‘Weather_Temperature’)}}

Please post a screenshot of your current configuration settings, maybe that will clear things up.

Hi @BamiPangPang

• did you add a new binding for the Weather Underground? , easiest to do this is from PaperUI.
  • if you did that correctly you got a “thing” for the weather underground called local weather
    you need to edit that thing enter your location and request an API key at the weather underground. that you should enter here aswell.
  • if that is successfull you will get an online thing, then probably your widget is also working

goodluck !

Hello!
i have instaled your modified widged. It’s helps me to resolve my issue about weekdays names translation, thank you. But i cant configure serverpath, icons dont displayed (

if you go to the settings page of the HABpanel, then you see a button called “Manage>” its under custom
widgets.

there you see all installed witgets.

if you then click on the name of the widget you will get in the widget editor.
on the first page you will see the ServerPath variable.

Thanks for the reply! Got that already covered with the API key…
Tried a basic “dummy” weather widget, no issues… “Thing” is online and in logs no errors.

2018-02-21 23:14:34.734 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - weatherunderground_weather_local_current_temperature changed from -2 to -2.2
2018-02-21 23:14:34.814 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - weatherunderground_weather_local_current_relativeHumidity changed from 69 to 86
2018-02-21 23:14:34.899 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - weatherunderground_weather_local_current_windDirection changed from NE to NNO
2018-02-21 23:14:35.003 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - weatherunderground_weather_local_current_windSpeed changed from 11 to 1.0
2018-02-21 23:14:35.044 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - weatherunderground_weather_local_current_windGust changed from 0 to 3.1
2018-02-21 23:14:35.314 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - weatherunderground_weather_local_forecastToday_maxTemperature changed from 6 to 7

See the first post - specifically the section about item names. Your item names aren’t what the widget is looking for.

So, i got it by myself )
What i’m do? Just got method for localizing from modified widget by Jan and insert it in original widget code. So, now i have original widget with dayname on my language.

After locality change in Openhab, you need to restart it and clear your browser cache. Otherwise HABpanel wont follow the new locality.

No need for manual translations.

Great! Got it working! Removed cache, widget en reconfigured the items.

weather

1 Like

I have a problem. Widget is working but my tablet resolution is 1280x800.
The widget does not display correctly. Is it possible to modify the settings to work with such resolution.

If i resize the browser window on my PC to simulate the tablet resolution i get the same effect.

Quick question. Does this widget only work for OH 2.3 snapshot? Or is it working with stable 2.2?

Great widget thanks. What is best way to condense/shrink the current condition image?

And for anyone that can use it, to get 12 hours clock w/ AM/PM, use

date: 'h:mm a'
1 Like

bastiaan, can you add in widget day/night check and night icons for night statuses?

Wow, this is a nice widget, I saw another one last week and started creating my own and then this one appeared recently, it is very similar to what I was doing.
I am not quite finished but very close.
It’s amazing how much we made these very similar.
I also made it responsive (to a certain extent)

4 Likes

Try changing the style for the daily columns from col-md-3 to col-sm-3, worked for me…

Amazing widget, thank you. How can I change the week days labels to my language? 2018-02-25%20(1)
As you can see, only the days are in English. The rest of the widget is in Portuguese.

What’s your system locale set to?

The system locale is set to my city and language set to portuguese. I changed the language and locale of my weather underground thing.
Any language that I set, except english, it’s still showing the week days in english.

@fmrenan, have you restarten OH and cleared your browser cache?

@fta, night/day check and night icons would be possible. I need the Astro Binding to determine the local sun set/rise, and then add the wu-night class to the conditions.

I will look into it.