What's the status of io-homecontrol (velux)?

Hi Forum

in the google groups I found a discussion about the io-homecontrol integration: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/openhab/AinJdyyDtG0

Is there already anything testable? How can I contribute to the development?

Cheers
John

Any recent updates on that topic?

Regards
John

Hey,

would be nice to hear something about that.

Andi

Still no noticeable progress on my side … Tried sniffing the internal busses of the touch remote with no success, no clue with the “mouse” either.

What a pitty :frowning: I was hoping that this could be integrated into OH as well.

Now I have to buy the shitty (sorry) KLF-050 and built up an ugly workaround.

Is there anything that I could do to support?

Thx. J.

I looked through everything I could find online (see links at the bottom), concluding:

1. Most important: People mixing Somfy RTS with (Somfy originating) io-homecontrol.com - They are not the same!
  2. To the best of my knowledge there is currently no implementation (which is not using cloud based Somfy Tahoma, or is soldering a remote)
  3. There is a setup Device called somfy set&go, which some guys startet to reverse engineer the communication, without success until the end of 2015
  4. The chips supporting io-homecontrol available (e.g. ADF7022) reveal no details about the communication protocol

IMHO there are only a couple of options at the moment:

• Continue to reverse engineer the Set&Go communication (See point three above)
  • Buy a ADF7022 evaluation board (hope that they deliver the full datasheets too), try to reverse engineer the Somfy Protocol OSI 4 to 7 with it and implement a driver (this would probably be the most sustainable option) - I think there might as well be a way to officially gain the encryption (AES or 3DES) keys, since they are exchanged at some point in time concerning to this [page 3]
  • Crowd-source some money and let someone do it for the public domain
  • Reverse-Engineer the whole thing (all OSI layers) with an SDR and see where this gets us (e.g. like him or him2)

See my point two above.

Best, Nick

Links:

Thx @nickma82, that summarizes very well all available information to this topic.

Long story short: the need for a velux-binding is present at many users but currently no solution is available.

Next steps:

• we need someone with deep tech know-how and willing to spent time to analyze what needs to be done for an implementation

I started the thread in the old forum. Sorry didn’t know that the discussion continued here.

There’s something in the bush: see here: Io-homecontrol / velux - something’s in the bush