Xiaomi Mi IO Binding not found

Hi,

i am encountering following issue and hoped for some help if possible please.

i am looking for a solution for my Xiaomi philipps Zhirui downlight and wanted to test this with one of the items found in this documentation:

But now i was wondering, where can i get the binding for this?

someone had the same issue of not finding the binding either, he had a certifcate issue (but was for marketplace -> marketplace works for me):

• i have no certificate issues in my logs.

I read somewhere that the binding is not available anymore via marketplace but it got “merged”, to what i dont know :slight_smile:

tried to install a bundle, although i think its not exactly what i need, but i tried, “command not found”

tho i dont think i need this one. :slight_smile:

Openhab Version: 2.3.0 release build on a RPI 3

thank you in advance!

That is a very old version of OH and it’s recommended to upgrade to the latest stable version 2.5. If you do upgrade make sure to make a backup first as you can downgrade if needed and restore.

BTW there is an Xiaomi Mi IO binding in OH version 2.5, just checked in PaperUI on my system. :wink:

Hey @H102 thx for your reply!

mmh, i am a bit scared :slight_smile:

i looked in to this.
just for my info, does this sounds about right?

copy all openhabian-conf and openhabian-share folders as a backup.
go in to ssh and open config
update
upgrade system

if i have issues… fix permissions.

Shall i try? :slight_smile:
is there anything that you think i need to know?

From the command line use sudo openhab-cli backup --full this will make a backup zip file and tell you the location it’s stored (var/lib/openhab2/backups). Move this file to your PC or USB stick.

To restore the backup:

Place the backup zip file into the backups folder then,

sudo systemctl stop openhab2

sudo openhab-cli restore var/lib/openhab2/backups

sudo systemctl start openhab2

To update/upgrade you can use the openhabian-config tool if you installed openhabian.

From the doc’s:
If you are working with an openHABian setup, the upgrade is quite easy. Regardless of if you are currently using the openHAB 2.5 stable release or one of the latest 2.5 SNAPSHOT builds, switching to openHAB 2.5.0 stable is done in just a few steps:

1. Connect to the SSH command line and execute: sudo openhabian-config
  2. Select the “Update” option
  3. Wait for the openHABian update to finish, reenter the openHABian configuration tool
  4. Select the “openHAB 2.5.0 stable” option

If no openhabian then you can upgrade or downgrade per the doc’s using:

Apt Based Systems

Upgrading is as easy as:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

You may want to switch to a different repo, or an older (but more stable) version of openHAB. To do this, simply select the repo as in the installation instructions above, then find the version by bringing a list of all versions available to install:

sudo apt-get update
apt-cache showpkg openhab2

Once you know which version you want, you can upgrade/downgrade to it by using the apt-get install openhab2=[version] command, for example:

sudo apt-get install openhab2=2.1.0-1

When you run the showpkg command, like above, you should have a full list to choose from. Pick the one you want and enter it like described in the last command.

1 Like

Hey @H102

i finaly got to it.
I did exactly what you said.
Everything was smooth, + got a backup stored somewhere else now as well. :slight_smile:
Thank you for the assistance!
I see the other bindings as well now, did not got the time yet to test my lamp, this will be something for later.

1 question tho, i now get this first when going to my basic UI, instead of just opening the sitemap.
Imgur

Thx.

1 Like

Glad to help.

That’s something new in 2.5 and you can have more than one sitemap. If you have something like a weather binding with lots of info then it’s good to put it on a different sitemap. For example, I have a Home and Weather map to chose from when I open this page.

If you want to go directly to the sitemap page and skip the page above, just create a shortcut to that link.

Also please click on post that provided the solution to mark topic as solved. :wink:

Thanks

Thx for the swift reply, as usual :stuck_out_tongue:
That is very clear , wasnt the biggest issue tho.
Had something simular ages ago, i believe it was due too capitals, therefor thought i’d mention.
No worries, is a minor thingy :slight_smile:

Mmh, the weather thingy is a very good point, i am very interested in weather and astro stuff.
Got this info now on my default sitemap in a category, not real interested in splitting this, as i am as happy with a group or frame.

But more about this, what do you use for weather stuff, do u have also a own weather station?
Any particular cool bindings to advise?
What is your experience?

I was happy i found the astro binding, which is actually exactly how my story in home automation (Openhab) started.
Short story: i have Niko Home control and was missig a licht sensor, which was 70 euro to do 1 thing… this is when i tried openhab on pc, found astro binding and everything “worked out of the box” for my full installation.
So i bought a RPI with my 70 euro, now i have unlimited options :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the DarkSky binding and it’s best on a separate sitemap due to all the info as I simply copied the doc’s config’s.

You can also get weather with a simple http call in your sitemap if you want something with less info and no binding.

Example:

Frame label=Meteogram {
		Image url="https://www.yr.no/place/Italy/Lazio/Rome/advanced_meteogram.png" label="Meteogram" refresh=360000
	}

Just past the link in your browser to open the weather page and you can change the location then use that link in your sitemap. Just make sure that you are not refreshing too frequently, otherwise it may block you. Every hour is probably good enough but you can play with it to suit your needs. BTW, there is no binding needed for this just the info in your sitemap.

Hard to beat an RPI and OH for home automation. :wink:

Thanks for the tips, checking in to this now, maybe i do need a second sitemap :stuck_out_tongue:

Checked weather underground ages ago, but believe they did not give out API keys anymore when i checked.

Thx!