Z-Wave Binding: DCH-Z110

Renaming is not necessary, just remove the 1.71 binding

@mawa I have the same problem :frowning:

@chris is it possible that this is a problem with the binding?

Great, it works (somehow)

While looking through the configuration parameters, I have to admit I did not fully understand the values in 5,6 and 7.
Can someone explain to me, or point me to a source where I can find out about the “Bit” thing and how that transates into the values I have to set?

Thanks again! You´ve been great help!

Just to clarify this - DO NOT rename. This won’t stop the file being loaded - you must have only one zwave file in the addons folder (even renaming it to something else - like .OLD won’t help).

I’m not clear what the problem is at the moment - I see quite a few people saying it works (??) in which case it’s probably not the binding (but I wouldn’t state this 100% :smile:). Can someone please summarise the issue that is outstanding?

@chris
For the DLink DCH-Z110 we are setting the PIR Sensitivity from 0 to a value greater than 0, which is working fine. The change is also recognized as the movement is shown in my Database. But after some time (probably after wake up) the value is set again to 0 (which means deactivation of the PIR).

Check this post My first Door Sensor

I doubt that this is a binding issue then. The binding doesn’t do any device configuration (of configuration parameters I mean) during initialisation (and certainly not after a wakeup).

I would suggest resorting to the log - get the device configured so that it’s working, then seeing what and when things change…

The link you point to is for another device - are they the same, just rebadged?

I don’t think PIR works with the Z110, looks like some components are missing on the PCB.

The link I was pointing to was a hint to understand how to set the bit´s.

I still have trouble with this sensor. So far I have installed two, following Donalds settings further above.

The issues I am having are the following:
Sensor 1: Open/Close works properly, however temp and lux are not updated instantly
Sensor 2: Temp and lux are not update instantly either, open/close works, but only after refreshing openhab. To be more clear: If I open the door, the state in openhab remains “closed”, I have to physically press the back button, and select the “door” group again, to find the door “open”.

@dampnudel
Thanks! It actually made sense and I understand how it works now.

Edit: ok I think I know why temp and lux arent updated automatically. I have to disable bits 4 and 5 in parameter 5 I guess.
The fact my door sensor does not update open/close in real time drives me crazy though. Could th sensor be broken?

I think the DLink DCH-Z110 does not support PIR. Maybe thats why Habmin resets the value back to 0?

I have the problem to get the lux information being send automatically though i thought i have done the right settings. In which unit is the tick time? Seconds?

According to the manual the tick time is in minutes.

Edit: or take a look at the zwave database for this device, it’s more easy to read than the manual :sunglasses:

2nd Edit: and for those guys who are still struggeling with the implemented functions (excerpt from the manual):

Thank u that might be the main issue. The problem is that its not well document in my eyes. The description for tick time is

The interval time for each auto report tick. Setting this configuration will effect configuration No.10, No.11, No.12 and No.13.
0 = Turn off all auto report functions.
1-255 = Interval time for each tick. Default is 30.

There is no unit of time described.

Yes, but in the manual it’s mentioned:

And the configuration NO. 20 could
change the tick interval, the default value is 30, if setting to 1, that
means the minimum auto report interval will be one minute.

Edit: but it is a real, real bad manual, auto translate from google or something similar. :-1:

This is actually a Philio Sensor.
I have it once a DLINK and once as DEVOLO sensor.

The Devolo does indicate door open /close with a short blink of the LED.

Cant find out which setting affects this :frowning:

ah its the TEST MODE … anybody who is interested
set Parameter 5 to Value 10 -> equals Test Mode + Celsius

I have a D-Link DCH-Z120 and it doesn’t seem to work like described here.
I’ve created similar items for it (using OH 1.8.1) like I have for my three DCH-Z110 which are working fine:
/* D-Link Bewegungsmelder */ Contact DCH_BM_Motion "Bewegung Flur [%s]" <contact> (Flur) { zwave="10:command=SENSOR_BINARY,respond_to_basic=TRUE" } Number DCH_BM_Temperatur "Temperature [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (Flur, Charting) { zwave="10:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=1" } Number DCH_BM_Helligkeit "Luminance [%.0f %%]" <sun> (Flur) { zwave="10:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=3" } Number DCH_BM_Battery "Battery [%d %%]" (Flur) { zwave="10:command=battery" }

Its blinking when motion is detected but no update happens on the DCH_BM_Motion item.
The Configuration Settings must be the key I assume - I am using:
5: Operation Mode = 14 (I wanted 10 which seems to me correct, but when I enter it it applies automatically 14)
7: Customer Function = 22

Using these settings its still delivering the temperature in Fahrenheit and Motion alert is never triggered on the item - its always closed although the device is blinking when it recognizes movement.

Can somebody help me please? (Maybe other config parameters are important here which I am currently ignoring?)

Okay, problem solved - changed Operation Mode to 12 and restarted Openhab, then it worked.

Hi
I have the same sensor (D-Link DCH-Z120 )
Everything works fine. The only problem I have is the distance of the motion sensor.
If I try to move the hand approximately 20-30cm from the sensor it register the motion. But if I try the same from a distance about 1m it can’t register the motion.
Do you have the same problem?
Does someone know what the jumper pin is used for?