I just upgraded to 3.3.0-SNAPSHOT from 3.2.0 (for some fixes to other bindings), and I noticed that 38 of my 145 Z-Wave devices are now in “HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING” state. I figured their database entries must have changed, so I deleted and re-added them, and they came online fine. Then I restarted OpenHAB, and they all went to that state again. I turned on debug logging, and everything looks fine - when I actuate the device locally (one of them is a lock), I see the messages get sent to OpenHAB, and even the Door-Lock config report is logged. There’s nothing in the log about configuration, at least for the
org.openhab.binding.zwave log prefix. I then decided to try more fine-grained, and indeed - if I delete and re-add a single device (when it goes online), then disable and re-enable just that device, it immediately goes into the same state. In the log I see
NODE 148: Serializing to file /var/lib/openhab/zwave/network_xxxxxxx__node_148.xml when I disable it, but no logging when I re-enable it.
It seems to only affect certain types of devices. All of my battery devices, and then two classes (but all of the devices of those classes) of mains-powered devices.