Z-Wave Thermofloor Heatit Z-Push Button 8 not recognised by Openhab

I see.
So it’s something problem with the device and not openHAB?
I can try to do a factory reset on the device and try again.

Well, it doesn’t seem to be an issue with OH (at least based on this log), however it may not be a faulty device either. How far away is the device from the controller? I’d suggest to get it close (with a meter or two) to ensure there are no routing or transmission issues, then do a reset and see if it works.

1 Like

I just did a factory reset and tried to adding the device to zwave controller (aeotec zstick5)
I fire up the PC Controller and connected the controller to my PC.
I can see the device and the node. When I push the button on the device I do see entries in the logs (PC Controller)
So for me it seems like the device works fine and communicate with the controller.

My device have product number: 4512581 and it’s exact the same as this one: https://www.heatit.com/z-wave/heatit-z-push-button-8/ and
https://www.opensmarthouse.org/zwavedatabase/997

Companies tend to use the same model information for different variants. If they have different identification information. the binding sees them as a different device. The HABPanel attributes area would be helpful for us to identify the exact database entry.

:+1:

Great - glad it’s working now. I guess it was just the reset, or maybe bad communications.

Hi Chris.
It works between the controller and device.
It still show “unknown device” in openHAB :slight_smile:

Oh - sorry, I misunderstood. So what is the problem now?

Hi Bruce.
Thanks for reaching out a helping hand.
Can you please elaborate how to get the attribute in HABPanel?

Still the same.
But the controller I’m using (aeotec zstick5) have their own “software” to maintance zwave node.
Typical scenario is to delete dead node etc.
The software also have a logging feature. So when I push a button I can see in the log that the controller recognized that.

Ok, so please provide the log showing the communications after the reset. Sorry, but it’s very difficult to guess what is happening.

Yes, of course - this is what we saw in the log above. The controller receives the command. The binding receives this and sends a response back to the device, and the device does not respond!!!

This is VERY VERY basic stuff - it works like this for absolutely every ZWave device - the first command the binding sends is to get the NIF so that it knows the basic features of the device, and your device does not respond to this.

I meant like you posted earlier but only if Type/ID hac values other than 0.

zwave.log (567.7 KB) network_e1f4a2c3__node_52.xml (10.7 KB)

Ok seems like I’m 1 step forward now.
It seems like it now recognized the button when pushed.

Right!
Please see the uploaded picture

1 Like

Great - so it should now be correctly discovered, and working?

This is the same as in the database, so it should now be discovered correctly? (or is it still not working :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

Still same issue :slightly_frowning_face:

Is mine different manufacturer?
Compare with the first post?

So the log you provided does not look like it is from the initialisation. It only shows the wakeup, and it looks the same - the device does not respond.

However, given that the XML was created, and the manufacturer information is known, the binding has in the past managed to communicate and it must now be identified (since all the identification information is there!).

I’m not really sure I can help much more :frowning:

:+1:

Yes, well spotted - it’s not the thermofloor device. You will need to add this to the database.

How do I do this?