Zehnder ComfoAirQ350 -- do I need ComfoConnect to control it?

(CarlJ) #22

I’m glad it works now :slight_smile:

(Klaudiusz) #23

Hi engelbar14,
could you share the diff file?
Thank you
Klaudiusz

(Christoph Schlipp) #24

Hi Klaudiusz,

here is the file without any waranty.

Fill in your IPs and Pin and it should work with Python 3.4.

regards,

engelbar14

(Shorty707) #25

hey could you also share with me?
thanks in advance

(Andy) #26

Hi,

i think a binding update is required. :rocket:

• For many years the ComfoAir Q-series is the latest technology. The old series (without Q) is not available for a long time.
  • There is a Smart LAN Gateway (Zehnder ComfoConnect LAN C) for the new series. It supports a very good manufacturer-phone-app and remote support and firmware upgrade of the ventilation from an external installer.
  • Zehnder ComfoAir devices are widespread (probably market leader)
  • There is already an implementation approach: https://github.com/michaelarnauts/comfoconnect/
  • An additional RaspberryPi(https://github.com/ORi0N/comfoconnect_openhab_gw) I think is awkward and who wants additional equipment. And there is a issue that overloads the MQTT.

:mega:
So my question is: How can we initiate this? How can I help?

Many Thanks

Andy

(A Bit Weasel) #27

Hi,
I’m working on an Openhab2 binding for ComfoConnect (Q-series with LAN-C module).
I will inform you as soon as the binding works.

In the meantime, are there any other possible solutions for the Q-Series than the one listed above?
Please, let me know.

Greetz Bitweasel

(Andy) #28

Great! :heart_eyes:
I dont know anything else. Have all my information written in the post before.
Let me know if I can test something or help.

(Pieter) #29

That would be great. I’m considering to buy the Q350 with LAN C but downside is connection the ventilation to my domotics system. I will probably choose Niko Home Control (no KNX support)
I have an outstanding question with Zehnder if I can control the unit with the manual inputs but downside is that I won’t receive notifications eg. when the filter is full.

There are openhab 2 binding for Niko Home Control and with Zehnder Q series bindings I hope I can set the fan speed and for example set ‘away’ when I push my ‘all off/away’ button when leaving the home.