Zigbee and zwave manual install script

You can either follow the manual instructions included with the script or tell us what version of OpenHAB you are running so we can help.
I believe the script does not work well on 2.5M2

Did you not have OH running when you ran the script?

1 Like

Yes, I have openhab running and using 2.4.0.

Since this is a new testing install, I ditched the old install and started from scratch. I downloaded version 2.4.0,and initialized using the “Expert” option. I started openhab using the ./shart.sh script. I then moved zzManualInstaller.sh to the new openhab addons directory, and ran ./zzManualInstaller.sh. Same problem. After hanging on “Installing unmanaged Z-wave binding …”, the two minute timeout error occurred and the script quit.

The reason I am focused on this is because I am trying to install a Z-Wave Thing that is supported by openhab, but is not in the 2.4.0 database after a fresh install, and Im sure this won’t be the first time I run into this.

I’ll try to take a look at this tomorrow. If you can’t wait, follow the manual steps from the readme.md in the repo.

In addition, using the zzManualInstaller.sh script populated the addons directory with:

• archive directory (staging/zwave and zwave directories (empty))
  • org.openhab.binding.zwave–SNAPSHOT.jar
  • org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xstream-1.4.7_1.jar

and using openhab> list -s | grep -i zwave shows no zwave entry
After logout and ./start.sh - still no zwave binding entry

I also hit the 2 minute timeout when trying to install Zigbee bindings with the latest script release. The openhab.log contains multiple (every 5 seconds)
[WARN ] [ore.internal.binding.BindingResource] - Cannot get config id for binding id 'zigbee', probably because binding does not exist.
entries while the script was waiting. I then looked at the .jar files in the addons directory and all org.openhab.binding.zigbee.*.jar files were less than 1 kB in size. Strange. Content:

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>
<title>Error 403 Trying to access a file outside of the directory, target: org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.binding.zigbee/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.zigbee-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar</title>
</head>
<body><h2>HTTP ERROR 403</h2>
<p>Problem accessing /job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastSuccessfulBuild/org.openhab.addons.bundles%24org.openhab.binding.zigbee/artifact/org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.binding.zigbee/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.zigbee-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar. Reason:
<pre>    Trying to access a file outside of the directory, target: org.openhab.addons.bundles/org.openhab.binding.zigbee/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.zigbee-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar</pre></p><hr><a href="http://eclipse.org/jetty">Powered by Jetty:// 9.4.z-SNAPSHOT</a><hr/>

</body>
</html>

It seems I hit a download error which the script doesn’t recognize?

1 Like

I am receiving the same error, but with ZWave.

Cheers! :slight_smile:
=C=

p.s. Welcome @Vir :slight_smile:

If the script does not work for you for whatever reason just download the jar file and drop it into your addons folder after you uninstalled your current binding version:

https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/online-repo-snapshot/2.5/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/

Some openHAB versions require an additional jar file too. The script readme file documents how to install everything manually.

1 Like

Wasn’t a matter of the script not working, the system was returning an error which curl saved as a .jar file. :slight_smile:

That URL was what I needed, thank you. Could not find it anywhere.

=C=

Yup, it is very well documented. Now that I have a working URL for the jar file, I have a working zwave again. :slight_smile:

=C=

1 Like

@Vir Did you get that?

https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/online-repo-snapshot/2.5/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

is the URL for the ZWave which I’m guessing means that

https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/online-repo-snapshot/2.5/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.zigbee/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.zigbee-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

is Zigbee.

Not sure why the script tries to pull them from Jenkins. (I’m sure there’s a valid reason, I just don’t know it) Anyhow, you can follow the manual install instructions that are in the script’s README.md.

I THINK that fixed my problem, not sure yet.

=C=

I assume it’s because this is where the files ultimately come from. ie they are built and distributed from Jenkins in the first place.

The (reasonably new) OH server thought isn’t particularly reliable, so this might be contributing to the issues and other downstream servers may be better choices these days.

2 Likes

Do you know if they re working to resolve this or are funds just that tight?
I know there have been cloud server load issues too.

I have no idea how this works - if it’s a physical server or somewhere on the cloud.

When I said it was new, I didn’t mean that someone had just bought a new server, but previously we used to use cloudbees which was a public CI server, and for reasons I forget, we changed to using CI on the openhab domain which has been slightly flaky at times (I should add that most of the time it is fine) which may contribute to this issue.

1 Like

Who would? Specifically, who could I ask about setting up a downstream mirror? I’ve got spare capacity and would be happy to rsync every night and make the packages available to anyone.

=C=

Probably Kai, but the artefacts are already published downstream so is there really a need for another one? I would suggest there isn’t such a need - it’s just another source of confusion and something else to go wrong isn’t it?

1 Like

@chris
I looked at the script quickly and at least some pieces seem to come from your server.

http://www.cd-jackson.com/downloads/openhab2/org.openhab.binding.zwave-${OH_VERSION}-SNAPSHOT.jar

I don’t really know why - I suspect that this is only if you choose a specific option to use a custom development version supplied by me? It shouldn’t be something that people are using at all these days.

I will look at this the first chance I get, but I’m a bit busy ATM.

That is what you get with the “Development” version of the zwave binding. In the past, this is where the version with security was located before it was merged. I left it in the script since Chris has thrown some bindings out there for people to test.

2 Likes