Zigbee Dongle - Compatible

hey @chris
that file is not in the zstack3 …

only
CC2531SB.hex
or
CC2530ZNP-SB.hex

It’s not one I’ve currently looked at - it might be possible to add though but I’d need to find the API docs (I guess it’s a serial port implementing the XBee API, but I’ve not found that written down in my quick look).

I would try this one. I’ve not tested the ZigBee 3 stack though, but I guess so long as ZNP is the same it should work ok… Let me know ;).

I will. Just ordered the dongle and cc debugger … will take a while to arrive

Hi guys,

I’m new to Pi and OH. I’m currently using SmartThings v1, I was a bout the order ST v2 when I found out about OH.

My question is about the ZigBee dongle. I live in Australia and the market isn’t big here for Home Automation and specifically ZigBee products. Before I order a Pi, I’d like to make sure I can buy a compatible ZigBee connector. I have found a couple of dongles on AliBaba:

Can you please tell me if they will be compatible with the Pi 3? Is any CC2531 based USB adapter will work.

Thanks,
Barry.

1 Like

I am searching for a low cost ZigBee Stick compatible with OH2.

What I found is

in combination with

Is there a cheaper solution available or is this the best one?

Also it seems like there is no tutorial how to set up the stick. If this combination is the cheapest working one, it might be worth adding a tutorial for it, so more users can benefit from this solution.

Further information regarding this combination:

1 Like

Hey

when I try to flash the hex file there is an error in the flash tool.
anybody got a hint for me?

ok found it

@shorty707 Did this work for you? Do you need a Windows machine to write the firmware? I’ve got the same stick and I’d like to get it working in OpenHab.

yes works
I used a windows machine. I think you can also use antother OS … but I only tried Windows

depends what image writer you get

I also had a zigbee stick with “smaller” pins.
I ordered this additionally then

Hi Fellow Openhab users,

i’ve got my hands on a ZiGate Zigbee USB stick.
I’m new to zigbee but it seems that this stick covers almost all hardware. (including Xiaomi)

But the binding is not covering this NXP chip.

See/Get the hardware for your self.

and the details regarding the serial port / protocol.
http://zigate.fr/wiki/

hope that its compatible in some way, and happy to help
R

Hello. I have had this happen. Normally, you then just need to wait a few seconds, and try again :slight_smile:

/Ole

Hello,

I live in Germany and am looking to get a supported USB stick for ZigBee, as I have IKEA Tradfri bulbs here as well as an (currently not managed, as it seems not to work with the IKEA hardware) Osram Smart+ bulb.

From the thread I didn’t get whether there is any ZigBee stick recommended for use with OpenHAB that works with the current OpenHAB version. If you could please give me a hint, I’d be very happy about it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

I know I keep repeating this, but I’ll do so again :wink: . Xiaomi is not compliant to ZigBee so don’t expect it to work 100% (or even at all in the case of some devices).

I don’t anticipate this being supported any time soon - sorry.

Currently you can use the Telegesis ETRX3, or the Digi XStick. Some other devices may work (namely anything with the Ember chip using the standard Ember NCP firmware) but there are no good commercial options available unfortunately (except in the USA).

Hello @chris

thanks for the quick reply. I seem not able to find those two in Germany (at least on eBay, I discover then some dvb-t stuff but not ZigBee).

Would this guy work as well? https://www.ebay.de/itm/CC2531-Sniffer-Protocol-Analyzer-Wireless-Module-USB-Interfac-For-Zigbee-DE/391824481509

I read on the binding site it would require a firmware flash, but that seems pretty well documented and I have an Ubuntu machine here, so I assume that would work.

Any news on the ConBee stick? That one was the first that Google returned to me when I searched for ZigBee and Raspberry Pi.

Thanks a lot.

Ah - by the way. Has anybody been successful with Osram Smart+ bulbs adding to IKEA Tradfri gateway? That would be the best solution, if that worked.

Other online shops are also available :wink:

https://www.digikey.de/product-detail/de/digi-international/XU-Z11/602-1144-ND/2199598
http://de.farnell.com/silicon-labs/etrx357usb-8m/zigbee-transceiver-modul-2-4ghz/dp/2442933?st=etrx3

Maybe. In principal yes, it will work if you have the correct firmware. You may also need to buy the programmer to load the firmware. Personally, I try and avoid recommending this stick as it is more DIY and it can be problematic to program with the correct firmware, but if you want to try, then it may be a little cheaper once you have bought the card and programmer.

Thanks @chris

I googled for it but must have overseen that vendor. Thanks a lot.

I just realized that with a bit more patience (and a fresh battery :wink: ) the IKEA remote can also be paired and control the Osram bulb (tested it). I’ll check later whether it can actually then be included in the IKEA gateway. In that case I wouldn’t need an extra device.