ZWave send Alarm frame to Fibaro 212 Dimmer manually via rule or openhab switch

@chris
Hi Mate,

I installed Openhab 2 on windows 10 with 2.0.0 snapshot build 631. I have 25 Fibaro 212 dimmers and would like to be able to manually trigger an alarm behaviour on the dimmers by making the lights flash when i turn on a switch on openhab or triggering them via a rule. The dimmer modules are all on firmware 3.3. I prefer to use Rule files and Item files etc so a syntax of how to do it would be very much appreciated.

The whole reason is so i can do some IFTT stuff so when my alarm goes off which is not tied up to openhab i can get a manual switch to flash all the lights in the house to possibly get the intruder out & potentially alert any one walking by.

Cheers,
Sathya

Just so you know I haven’t forgotten about this, but was travelling yesterday (so a very long day at work :frowning: ). I was trying to find the discussion about this in the past - I’ll get back to this tonight or tomorrow.

Ok, I’ve managed to find the previous discussion about this…

I’d suggest to take a look at this. I’ve updated the device (FGD212) here with a new channel - can you take a look at this - it probably needs modification. Once you think it might work, let’s take a look, and get it into the binding for testing…

@chris Thanks again mate. I tried the link you sent for the Fibaro 212 and it says “500 You are not authorised to view this resource.” It said that even after i created an account and logged in and clicked the link.

What is your user name (you can PM me if you like). I probably need to update your access to allow editing.

I’ve updated your access - hopefully you can see the link now…

Thanks mate, Sadly it does not make much sense to me as I’m still learning the ropes here.

@chris
I have been looking at the various manuals of the smoke sensor and also the the thread you sent mate. I am keen to get this up but would need a bit more guidance as i’m new to linux/coding/openhab. Any guidance would be much appreciated mate. Also i have attached a snapshot of the manual for the fibaro dimmer with the alarm group details. Maybe this could help you give me some direction??

Alarm Group Details from Manufacturer

1. Response to General Purpose Alarm
    Available settings:
    0 - No reaction
    1 - Turn on the load
    2 - Turn off the load
    3 - Load blinking
    Default setting: 3
    Parameter size: 1 [byte]

2. Response to Water Flooding Alarm
    Available settings:
    0 - No reaction
    1 - Turn on the load
    2 - Turn off the load
    3 - Load blinking
    Default setting: 2

3. Response to Smoke, CO or CO2 Alarm
    Available settings:
    0 - No reaction
    1 - Turn on the load
    2 - Turn off the load
    3 - Load blinking
    Default setting: 3

4. Response to Temperature Alarm
    Available settings:
    0 - No reaction
    1 - Turn on the load
    2 - Turn off the load
    3 - Load blinking
    Default setting: 1

As always thanks again mate.

Cheers,
Sathya

@chris

hey - did this work out? last time you were in discussions with fibaro / aeon and we stopped investigating how to manually create/send an alarm frame?

Any news on how to send an alarm frame to a device (in my case FGS 223 for flashing lights)? Since Z-Wave reaction is too slow / unreliable to realize a flashing of the lights, this would be a great opportunity (in my case to indicate that alarm system was turned on or off).

only @chris can tell most likely

If someone - like me - comes here to find an answer. Meanwhile there is a channel called notification_send1 on my FGD212 Dimmer 2 and probably most other devices with notification capabilities (also those RGB Fibaro Outlet Switches).

I set the duration and effect of the alarm using HABmin:

Items:

Number work_lights_alarm "Arbeitszimmer Licht Alarm" {channel="zwave:device:bridge:node18:notification_send1"}

Sending the number 1 to the item will start the effect (1). After the timeout (2) the blinking stops and the dimmer returns to its previous state. The Fibaro Dimmer blinks at 0,5 Hz (1 second on, 1 second off). I could have easily done this in a rule but I am grateful for Fibaro and Chris and all contributers to have this feature readily available.

Hi. That looks pretty cool. Does it work with FGS222 / FGS223 relay as well? I am looking since long for an option to call the alarm frame. In PaperUI I don’t see that “notification_send” for the FGS relay.

I tried this notification_send with a Fibaro Wall plug.
There I did not get it to work.

Hi,
I am trying to do the same with Fibaro FGS223, but unfortunately the device description does not contain “notification_send”. Is it possible to add it in the device database (copy & paste values from FGD212?).

I have not clue how to do it.

best,

ypoosn

Hi @ypoosn,

I think @chris can help you out, in case this has to do with the database and the device supports it.

I’ve added the channel to the FGS223.

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/channelform?commandclass=4054

@chris : thanks a lot for your fast feedback and the changes you made to the database.

It works as described above :wink:

Just to share what to do for anybody who is interested:

1. Download latest zwave binding jar-file (#278 and all later builds will have the updated database) from
    (https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2-Bundles/org.openhab.binding$org.openhab.binding.zwave/)
  2. Copied it into /usr/share/openhab2/addons (path depends on your installation type)
  3. Deleted FGS223 thing using HABmin
  4. Restarted openhab service
  5. Added FGS223 thing
  6. Voilà there is a new channel in HABmin “notification_send”

best

ypoosn

Hi,
Can you add notification_chanel to fgs222 and will it works?
I copy form another fibaro device and add it:

<channel id="notification_send" typeId="notification_send">
        <label>Send notification</label>
        <properties>
          <property name="binding:*:DecimalType">ALARM;event1=SMOKE:1,event2=ACCESS_CONTROL:22,event3=BURGLAR:1,event4=EMERGENCY:1,event5=EMERGENCY:2,event6=EMERGENCY:3</property>
        </properties>
</channel>

to fibaro_fgs222_0_0.xml channels section. Export bundle and install it. I have notification channel in habmin.

But when I send 1 to

Number lights_alarm "Alarm" {channel="zwave:device:bridge:node26::notification_send"}

nothing happens :confused:

Thanks