[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

not quite as easy i think. when running the backup that i do i have to enter sudo-password. i read that it is possible but really not recommended to make this work without the need of a password. but sorry i don´t know enough about it to be able to tell you more.
i run the backup manually - always when i edited my files or before i run updates. this is enough and saves filespace on my backup-nas

Hi @bastler

Thanks a lot for your suggestion!
Anyway i believe the problem is deeper. Think that the Cen+ works perfectly , the problem is only related to the CEN. I decided to try using the paper UI instead of the Things and Items file and i made a CEN thinks using the openwebnet manual function and than the automatic item file. Regardless of the setting i use as button A or PL, the command is always

*2*1*0311##

!! :thinking: :thinking:
My bindings is the one modified with a longer expiration date that i manually installed. Everythings works well except for this CEN command.

Because i believe you are using the same bindings, Would you be so kind to make a test on your machine to understand if problem is tight to binding or my installation?

Thanks for any help and support.
Costa

hi @Costa
i like to try to help you, but i don´t quite understand what i can test for you. first of all: yes, i use the binding with the modified expire-date. and i also use cen and cen+ commands - but i use the file-based setting, not via paperui. so i can confirm that cen and cen+ is working, not good because only the “start-press” and the “extended-press” can be handled by the binding and mostly every change of cen-settings needs to restart openhab (or at least you have to change the name of the item)

*2*1*0311##

this command that you ask is for opening shutter with a=03 pl=11

Hi @bastler
The commando i wrote

*2*1*0311##```

is the command sent by the cen when i push the PRESSED_EXT button even if the PL is 12 !! Thats the reason it drive me nuts!

I will make some test to understand what going on.....

Thanks
Costa

but this command (21*0311##) is definetly a automation-command for opening a rollershutter. perhaps you use a mh202 or a f454 or something like that? you might have a scenario in one of these components that opens that shutter when this cen-command is sent? or you have a rule in openhab that causes this?

Info/idea for binding users…If you are using Grafana charts then a useful feature is to be able to add via Rules annotations to the charts on a dashboard. eg Here I got my blind CEN activated scenarios to be added to the room temperature charts…

You can have more than chart annotations type using tags for a dashboard and turn them on and off with a button on the dashboard

The annotations are shown for all charts on that dashboard so you can easilly check the effect of an event across many charts

It works for me as well. I ran into the binding expiration problem just I few days ago after a disconnection. Many thanks Jebu, you saved me. Just in case, could you post a step by step guide to apply this fix in the future if needed?

Hi,
We have a general BTicino thread we could use; although its not so easy to find and not so often frequented.

https://community.openhab.org/t/bticino-myhome-suite-documentation-and-basics

I have switches responding to long and short presses with different actions. Please post on the above thread and I will respond there. I think I see reason for your problem.

Hi everyone! I recently started with openhub, I installed it on raspberry pi 4 (raspabian) to manage my btcino myhome system with gateway f454.
The lights works fine and also the blinds with paperui (I have an items file). But with Amazon Alexa the blinds go up if I say “Alexa close the blind”, and they go down if I ask Alexa to open them! Why? What am I doing wrong?
I don’t have any log error…
Thank you.

You best ask that question on the echo skill thread but before you do check the thread as the solution should be there already.

Hi, i’m having some problem whit thermoregulation.
It seem is not possible to switch the mode of the zone to auto or manual. Off and antifreeze works correctly. Somebody expierenced and maybe fixed the problem? I’ve a 99 zone system with 3550 unit.
Thanks in advanced

hi filippo,
i have the same equipment - and the same issues. this is a long known bug in the binding and never fixed. long time ago i was allowed to test a beta where this bug was eliminated, but the developer never implemented it :neutral_face:

It’s a pity…Probably also easy to fix, just message adjusting…thank you for your answer! Hope one day will work! Someone knows if it’s possible to have the source file in order to try fix small problems like this?

Why would anybody add such an expiration date anyways? In case anybody is curious, the file to be changed is AbstractOpenGateway.java . I cant seem to be able to decompile the name of the function, but search for 2020 and you will find the deadline there.

I have put the decompiled version of the lib here: https://github.com/michnovka/openwebnet-lib . Is anybody interested helping to work on making this source more readable?That is the first step towards resuming development of this project without the original creator. Cheers

1 Like

hey tomas,

that sounds amazing! i hope there will be some people who are able and willing to help developing. unfortunately i am not a programmer, and i don´t know java at all. i just migrate my rules to jython and so i try to learn python a little.

but if i can help with testing i will be glad to do that.

about one year ago i was allowed to test some pre-releases that eliminated some bugs and had some more enhancements. i think this could be the source-code:

at that time i received the jar files and for example the heating bug was eliminated there.

best, stefan

Some very good news… Masimo is asking me to test a new library he has written from scratch … I must admit I was very surprised and really didn’t expect that.

Anyway… welcome back @Massi

Breathes sigh of relief :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

4 Likes

Wonderful! hope will be shared soon!

Glad to hear Massimo is OK!
WB Massimo!

2 Likes