Go-E Charger Wallbox Binding

Yes, I changed it because GO-E changed the unit. It now uses the same unit as totalChargedEnergy which is 0.1 kWh.
You can see this if you call IP/status in a browser, look for eto (totalChargedEnergy) and dws (sessionChargedEnergy).

@chilobo Are you still working on this binding. I had change my Charger to V3 and with your last binding it is working good for an undefined period. Sometimes 5 minutes. sometimes hours. One charger is running for days. here is the last log

2021-07-12 14:00:48.347 [DEBUG] [r.internal.handler.GoEChargerHandler] - GET URL = http://192.168.1.28/status
2021-07-12 14:00:48.422 [DEBUG] [r.internal.handler.GoEChargerHandler] - GET Response: {"version":"B","tme":"1207211400","rbc":"23","rbt":"59745","car":"4","amx":"0","amp":"6","err":"0","ast":"1","alw":"0","stp":"0","cbl":"32","pha":"56","fsp":"0","tma":[32.625,38.125],"dws":"0","dwo":"180","adi":"1","uby":"0","eto":"1314","wst":"3","fwv":"050.2","nrg":[231,230,232,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0],"sse":"051383","wss":"xxxxxxx","wke":"********","wen":"1","cdi":"0","tof":"101","tds":"1","lbr":"255","aho":"0","afi":"6","azo":"0","ama":"16","al1":"6","al2":"10","al3":"12","al4":"14","al5":"16","cid":"255","cch":"65535","cfi":"65280","lse":"0","ust":"0","wak":"********","r1x":"2","dto":"0","nmo":"0","sch":"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA","sdp":"0","eca":"0","ecr":"0","ecd":"0","ec4":"0","ec5":"0","ec6":"0","ec7":"0","ec8":"0","ec9":"0","ec1":"0","rca":"1","rcr":"","rcd":"","rc4":"","rc5":"","rc6":"","rc7":"","rc8":"","rc9":"","rc1":"","rna":"User 1","rnm":"User 2","rne":"User 3","rn4":"User 4","rn5":"User 5","rn6":"User 6","rn7":"User 7","rn8":"User 8","rn9":"User 9","rn1":"User 10","loe":0,"lot":32,"lom":6,"lop":50,"log":"","lof":0,"loa":0,"lch":50}
2021-07-12 14:00:58.423 [DEBUG] [r.internal.handler.GoEChargerHandler] - GET URL = http://192.168.1.28/status
2021-07-12 14:01:01.512 [DEBUG] [r.internal.handler.GoEChargerHandler] - GET Response: couldn't take api lock in 3s, please try again later
2021-07-12 14:01:01.512 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 
com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 1 path $

Do you have any idea. When this happen also the http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/status ist not working anymore until I restart the charger. Then everything is fine again.

I am ready to test if you have newer versions but I am not sure I this is really a binding problem or an api problem from Go-E

Thanks
Asmodeon.

Some time ago (about 2 -3 weeks) I got this message too, it occured only sometimes and I had to restart the GO-E again as you did. I didn’t have this error within the last two weeks.
About a month ago Philipp had this error too:
https://community.openhab.org/t/go-e-charger-wallbox-binding/93338/50?u=chilobo

I have no idea why this happens.

Are you still using maxCurrent to set the current? Try using maxCurrentTemporary instead.
I don’t think it will help, just try it.

Is your wifi connection to the box reliable? Since I use a repeater about 5 m and a wall of 26 cm away connection to the box seems to be more reliable.

Are you refreshing every 10 s? Try to use a longer interval like 30 s.

I’m just guessing around!!

Hello,

I can confirm that since I optimized my WiFi the failures have decreased. Sometimes the data is not updated properly, but things are currently going very well.

I think Go-e still needs to work on the firmware.

What do you mean with “try maxCurrentTemporary instead” I don’t have this channel in the binding and I thought I am using you latest version from 20.06.2021.

272 │ Active   │  80 │ 3.1.0.202106201036    │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Go-eCharger Binding   

Parallel I have incrased the intervall to see if this will help. My WLan ist at 40% - but it’s not so easy to increase at the moment - I have to work on it.

Using the repeater I get ~80% for WIFI.

If you want to try the changes in my binding (with maxCurrentTemporary) you can download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zh9axelqdhfvies/org.openhab.binding.goecharger-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?dl=0
You have to copy it to the addons directory, restart openhab, delete the old GOE thing, add it again.

maxCurrentTemporary changes amx and therefore is not so strenuous on the EEPROM.

I don’t know why the binding isn’t merged, I tried to fullfil al the changes which were recommended but it still isn’t merged. But maybe I just don’t understand how to get all the requirements done.

Thanks a lot for the update - new Fields are available now and are working. I tried the the maxCurrent Temporary and it’s working but if “amx” changes then “amp” changes also. Not sure what the advantage should be. Nevertheless no problem for 2 days now - i will report if problems come back.

That is right. I discussed this with the GO-E support. As I understand it amx is stored in temporary memory and amp is stored in the EEPROM. But if you query amp the firmware of the box hands back the current value of amx. If you write to amp it is preserved and will be used after a reset of the box.
I am not sure if the firmware copies amx to amp after some time or when you reset the box by software.

I hope your instability problems are solved!

The newest V3 Firmware 051.1 still change the sessionChargedEnergy to the same way than the V2 Charger.

I am currently looking for a simple solution for PV charging in the family without openhab and came across the following post in the OpenWB Forum.
The phase switching can be triggered with the value “fsp”.
Is there a possibility to read out the value via the binding?

But it’s a bit strange. If I send 0 via the URL, a phase is switched over to the status “fsp”: “1”. If I send the 1, it will be switched to 3 phases and “fsp”: “0”.

Hi
I added my chargers today.
Unfortunately they get not “Online”. Its the Homefix 11kw version … should it also work?

18:24:27.415 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'goecharger:goe:1bb9f0d9ce' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN
18:24:27.434 [WARN ] [ommon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 
com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 1 path $
	at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:226) ~[?:?]
	at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:932) ~[?:?]
	at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:897) ~[?:?]
	at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:846) ~[?:?]
	at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:817) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.goecharger.internal.handler.GoEChargerHandler.getGoEData(GoEChargerHandler.java:394) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.goecharger.internal.handler.GoEChargerHandler.refresh(GoEChargerHandler.java:410) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 1 path $
	at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.beginObject(JsonReader.java:386) ~[?:?]
	at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:215) ~[?:?]
	... 12 more

Did you enable http v1 api on the device?

Mhh no Just v2
Seems Like I missed that in the Binding docu.

Is the Binding still maintained and upgraded to v2?

I did some changes to the binding using API V1:

But the changes were not merged - I do not really understand why this has not happened yet.
I asked in GE if someone could help me updating the binding and got no response.
I am able to use my version of the binding to control PV-Power to the EV (with the powerwall-binding).

Up to now we have no information about the API V2 - as far as I know.

The firmware version 051.3 is now installed and the error occurs after a short time: “COMMUNICATION_ERROR Total timeout 5000 ms elapsed”

After a restart it only works for a short time.

Is it just me that has this error?

See

https://github.com/goecharger/go-eCharger-API-v1/issues/75#issuecomment-914108828
1 Like

Hi @Rangarid,
with V2 of the API it should be possible to switch 1/2/3 phases (as in the App). At least for V3 HW Versions of the charger.

Two questions here:

1. Is this really working yet, or still to come?
  2. Does the binding will work with Openhab 2.x (some Synology NAS does not support JAVA Version which is necessary for Openhab 3 .spk Install)…

@chilobo I’d stash the changes and start over with a new branch. Your commits look good beside the signing off. Please see here for details: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/runs/3092802003 You have to sign off every commit.

Could you please post your “PV-ready” binding - I’d really like to test and use :wink:

EDIT: See Go-E Charger Wallbox Binding - #65 by chilobo

Hello there,
I recently got my Go-e Charger and first attempt (before even fix it at the wall) was to integrate it into my openhabsystem.
So I installed the binding; it shows 21 channels but doesn’t want to go online. The status of the new installed thing remains on “Unknown”. I could try to integrate the charger via modbus or mqtt but maybe anyone could help me to get the specific go-e charger binding going green?

Thanks in advance,
Ansgar

@sascha_
I do not really understand what to do. Because of the changes of the company I had to do changes to the binding - several times. I am using a working local copy produced on September 13th and transfer it to the raspi to the directory
/usr/share/openhab/addons
This works for me.
Your posting refers to a version I produced in July which is outdated. What do I have to do to get the new version committed and signed off?

@Ansgar:
Can you reach the box by its app and by pinging it?
Is your WLAN / WIFI connection to the box stable? If not, try using a repeater.
Did you put the IP-Adress in the configuration page of your GOE-thing?
Have you activated the local API v1 (and modbus) in the internet part of the app?
My guess is that the latter is missing.