LightwaveRF - New LightwaveRF Binding

I’ve had the energy monitor working continuously for months now through the binding, it never misses a beat. But I’ve never tried to reset it through the binding - I’m more interested in seeing what the house is using right now rather than tracking the consumption longer term. When I get a minute I’ll have a play with the reset switch in the binding and see what it does.
One thing you might be able to do is to use the power/energy groups hierarchy that delid4ve has set up. You could then maybe pull the aggregate total consumption and store that per time period

How’s everyone getting on with the binding?
I’m going to submit it for review if no ones come across any bugs.
I’d like to implement the last few devices but I’m still waiting on data from people.

Which devices do you need data for?

Still working like a good 'un for me.
Happy to do some nmore testing and/or provide whatever data you need

1 Like

I haven’t had a chance to add any of the extra data I’ve been sent. Baby on the way in couple of weeks and been busy doing the house / keeping the company going.

I haven’t had any issues either, few little tweaks needed but on the whole pretty stable (considering the terrible api).

Hopefully early next year I’ll have a chance to add all the missing stuff and get it added into openhab core

I gave in with the sensors, they’re too easy to break, held down the link button on mine when I was trying to mount it and it seems to get stuck and then won’t link

Hi there,
Bit of a newb here. Just recently got some lightwave gen1 kit and the hub. Got the dimmers working in the bedroom via app and linked wirless switch. Will install some sockets in my cinema with the idea of automation of a harmony hub -> habridge ->openHab->LightwaveLink as it seems the LEAST convoluted!!!

I’ve a NAS running Vortexbox, which is a redhat linux based media server so on anyway!

Got openhab installed and up and running. Started through the basics. Network bindings and the like. No probs. However I can’t find the lightwaverf binding. I can find various documentation in getting it working, but not much on getting it installed. I can’t even find a jar to load manually and when i have found a reference they’re old dead links

I’m probably missing something simple here - Any pointers?

Ta

if you have a gen1 hub then make sure you enable legacy bindings (Configuration - System - Include Legacy 1.x bindings)

If you have gen2 then you can download the jar from the top of this thread and place it in your openhab addons folder and it will install the binding. (If its this method then if any of your devices are not found then let me know as i havnt added all gen1 stuff yet)

Hi Dave,

Thanks for coming back to me!

I’d tried the options on Legacy 1.x bindings - It’s working as, say Astro is showing two options in (Addons - Bindings) of Astro and Astro (1.X)

So oddly in the Paper UI something odd is happening. Sods law it is in the one bit i really want!

At the top of this thread (feb 6)

There is the link https://github.com/delid4ve/lightwaverf

But there i only see a comment on a deleted jar…AH WAIT…2nd from bottom there is a org.openhab.etc and due to long file name it is dotted out. DOH

Knew i’d missed something stupid. How to feel like a Muppet. DOWNLOADING

Will give it a shot!

To be fair I’ve only got a dimmer installed at the moment, but a couple of sockets and i think they’re mentioned in the readme. This actually is all because i want a socket turning my subs on and off in my cinema reliably with my harmony routines because the IR energy saving socket is a bit flakey…The ir socket in my bedroom also gave up and LightwaveRF is one of the few that will dim and work without a neutral and the Deta Connect versions are cheap and pretty too :smiley:

Thanks for again for the nudge to a blinding silly issue!

OK…Downloaded the jar - Looked for it in addons. No Go.
Had a flick through other things and it’s directly installed in the bindings - WIN

Tried to install the bridge and gave user/pass and i get UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR

Tried a couple of times and even openhab-cli clean-cache after stopping the service etc

I see there is a “Bridge lightwaverf:lightwaverfaccount:accountname [ username="example@microsoft.com”, password=“password”,pollingInterval=0,pollingGroupSize=30,electricityCost=14]
"
Manual way of doing it in a thing file and found $OPENHAB_CONF/things but only a readme in there and no mention of what to call the file? lightwaverf.thing would be my guess, but ? And no joy with that guess!

Is it a gen1 link unit you have or a gen2 link plus?

Gen 1 link…All gen 1. Technically Deta Connect, branded, but even has the Lightwave brand ref on the box and uses the lightwaveRF app etc.

You can’t use my binding then, it’s gen2 link plus only atm.

I don’t know anything about the gen1 binding unfortunately.

I do hope to integrate at some point but busy life :+1:
There is a thread for gen1 but prob wanna start new if you can’t find any info.
There’s probably plenty of documentation tho so have a read.

Oh ARSE…Odd that the account won’t even link though as they appear to be the same!

Ah Well. Oddly whilst i can find MANY refs to the binding. I’ll be damned if I can find the jar file to install manually…Or via the PaperUI as it’s it docs are in the manual:

I can find the git too

But no jar to download…It seems to be a bundle/bindings but looking at files i get just bundles/actions - Web searches i hit lots of cloudbee refs which are dead :frowning:

I will get there somehow…but probably not tonight!

Thanks again!

Lee

You need to enable 1.x bindings in paperui, system configuration.

Then I assume you create a cfg file as you do with most 1.x bindings

And just read read read. Once you get to grips with openhab it’s very flexible and lots of support.

The 1.x legacy stuff is there. I get milight and mighlight (1.x) in bindings - No lightwaverf to install on a search in bindings for light

I’m good with creating a config etc…Just need to find the jar or install

I’m sure once i’ve got something working, i’ll be fine

@KOTECH add this jar and let me know what happens for the relay - havnt tested as dont own but have integrated based on the commands you gave me. Its a string and you can send OPEN / CLOSE / STOP to it.

The sockets (LW260) are also integrated - they are only a singe socket though, not a double.

Added L22EU - new model number for Double Dimmer
Added LW922 - new model number for thermostat
Added LW931 - magnetic sensor (gen1 door/window switch)
Added LW260 - Single Socket (gen1)
Added LW821 - 3 Way Relay - untested at present

Will do and let you know

Regards

Kevin

Hi Dave

Replaced old JAR for new and with the new JAR my previously working TRVs have now failed with then same message as the relay.

try clearing the cache and restarting.