MyBMW Binding

Thanx for the bugfix :slight_smile:
Although, for the i3 i now get electric range and milage in meters instead of kilometers. Does anybody else see this happen?

I have same problem with my 330e, everything is in meters, not in kilometers.

Still km delivered on my side. But maybe for some vehicles the data changed.

Either provide a fingerprint from the debug logs or check the values by yourself from the raw channel which is available in Show Advanced

I added my comment in the request directly. Please have a look [myBMW] Provide 'DistanceFromHome' channel · Issue #12783 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub

Dear BMW drivers - some sad news from my side. My BMW is sold and will be picked up the next days. So I’m not able to implement and test further changes in this binding.

Is there somebody willing to take up the maintenance?

Please check my latest comment in github. home-distance channel is ready and delivered in marketplace binding.

It’s unit tested by my side because I don’t own a BMW anymore. After positive test result from your side I’ll raise Pull Request.

openhab> list|grep -i bmw
312 x Active x  80 x 3.3.0.202206241407     x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: MyBMW Binding

Is this the right version to test? The home-distance channel is not available for testing.

Version looks ok. The problem was already discussed in a previous post and there’s also link into a forum discussion.

In short: new binding channels don’t appear automatically in previously created things => re-creation is necessary

This worked. I can confirm the new distance from home channel works as expected. Thank you!

1 Like

I also tried to remove and re-install the MyBMW Binding, by Marketplace and also manually, but I still receive the Bridge Error Communication Error “Forbidden”.

Anyone else has still this problem?

EDIT: Sorry, it works now … there was an error in my openhab system.

1 Like

Binding stop working with UNKNOWN status and in the logs: MyBMWProxy isn’t present
Opened mybmw app - approved legal terms and binding start working again.
Seams like have to approve two legal checkboxes time to time to continue binding work.

Hi Bernd,
i know you don´t own your BMW anymore.
BMW added a new functionality to the MyBMW app to track the latest drives.
You can see the last drive and a list of the latest drives.
Maybe you could take a look and see if you can implement this without a car.

Cheers Michael

Just took a peek into GitHub - bimmerconnected/bimmer_connected: 🚘 Library to query the status of your BMW or Mini from the ConnectedDrive portal but I cannot see any updates regarding past drive statistics. Sad to say but even for a dry implementation there’s no info which API to call and json feedback.

Dear myBMW users, am getting COMMUNICATION_ERROR, Quota Exeeced any idea what could be the matter. Binding has worked well for weeks. But getting this error now.

Regards, Leo

Decrease the Refresh Interval in your car “Thing”. I got the same when I had it at 5 minutes. Changed it to 30 and now it’s fine again. Not sure what the limit is exactly, could be that it’s fine with 15 minutes. You’ll have to try.

Mine is set to 15 minutes and I haven’t noticed any quota exceeded errors coming back :innocent:

1 Like

Hey guys,
Since two days I’m experiencing a strange behavior of the binding. I updated from 3.4 m5 to m6, but no differences. I also tried adding a new thing with the Main UI, no differences to the text file thing. Always status offline and COMMUNICATION_ERROR
Internal Server Error.
I did some research in the log, but I did not really figure it out… see screenshot. Any ideas?

The same thing is happening for me, but I can’t figure it out either. The app still works, although I notice the data from the car has not been updated for more than 7h now, even when I force a refresh.
I did install the app on an iPad moments ago to test, and it did come up correctly with my car visibile in the app.

Having the same issue. Just checked my Home Assistant test system and that’s working fine, so it’s something to do with how the Binding works. Likely to have been another API change from BMW.

Hi, I have the issue since yesterday COMMUNICATION ERROR - internal server error. Looking forwrd to any idea/help. The myBMW App updates i.e. the position of the car, but not in Openhab …