openHAB solves many problems!

I started with a bunch of Smart Life plugs, and integrated things with IFTTT to some web and Google control. But there was always things missing (like the concept to toggle a switch from Google Assistant). Then I learned about MQTT and Tasmota plugs, and started using those. But there was also missing some integration features.

I just discovered openHAB2, and configured my Raspberry Pi as a local server.

Wow!

So much power and capability. Now I can integrate my Amazon Dash buttons, Flic buttons Smart Life plugs, Tasmota plugs, and many other as-yet undiscovered features.

I am looking forward to pushing the envelope with my home automation.

Thanks to all who contribute to this great product!

14 Likes

Welcome! Enjoy!

Hi Steve, what was the guide you follwed to integrate Smart Life / Tuya? I can not make it work to find the local ID and Key … Yesterday tried via Proxy and Burp

but that was without success.
Thanks in advance

I don’t have direct access to Smart Life with OpenHab - it was too complicated dealing with the device IDs and keys. Instead I go to IFTTT via the maker (webhook) service.

I’d recommend flashing your devices with Tasmota.

1 Like

Yep, already doing that! Also using Tasmota on some Wemos D1 minis for sensing and control.

Thanks for the advices,
but I’m sorry those way are currently a bit over my skills … flashing using linux etc… @rpwong
I gess it makes more sense for me to exchange those plugs with zwave / zigbee. Not sure whis system

Using IFTTT webhooks might be an option for one some devices. @stevenc88

May be sonewhree pops up an other nice option to interact tuya and openhab … we will see.

For what it’s worth, I hav very little Linux knowledge and also thought it would be hard to do. But once you have Raspian and Tuya-convert installed, it’s very straightforward.

Here’s another option that doesn’t involve flashing.

Thanks @rpwong for posting new options! Great.
I already gave bluestac a try … but I was not able to root the bluestack VM …
may be due to re reason that I ran blustack inside a VMware VM … ( I like to keep my host clean ) …
The or the other way I need to invest a bit more …

New approach could be exchange those plugs with zigbee / zwave ones…