openHABian testing

Provide a debug log that shows this, please.

what about reading the docs before asking for help?

Sorry but seeing version 4 got really excited and wanted to see if I can upgrade. Again I really appreciate the work you do and do not mean to waste anybody time but I had a felling the docs are not up to date and may e just maybe I can switch to debian bookworm. I found alternative way to install it and configure it by using apt and just rerun the openhabian config with exiting influxdb installation and got it running.

That‘s what you see, when starting point 41

This does not help with finding the origin. As I said please provide a debug level log, set debugmode=maximum in openhabian.conf

I think I fixed it, please validate (update on start)

it looks different now, I did an upgrate to milestone on a fresh system and enclosed is the log file
putty.log (220.3 KB)

I tried to upgrade to Openhab4, but installation is broken now. I try to setup from scratch. How can I install Openhab3 again with Openhabian?

Read the docs or at least this thread.

What I did is install the latest openhabian which comes up as OH4 and then restored the backup. Depending on you current setup is probably the best approach.

Otherwise,

• restore your original 3.x system (and make a backup via openhabian-config if you are on openhabian)
  • make sure if you are on openhabian that you upgrade to bullseye first
  • only then upgrade to OH4

Other than that please read through this thread about stumbling blocks that could happen during the upgrade.

I figured this out, too. But I didn’t know before that restoring a 3.4.4 backup in OH4 also works. I always thought that a backup must be restored with the same version.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Another failing OH4 upgrade due to buster

10 posts were split to a new topic: OH4 upgrade issue #n

And maybe it is interesting for this thread here, that a fresh install of OH3.4.5 via openHABian 1.8 and clonebranch=openHAB3 leads to an update error similar like

https://community.openhab.org/t/openhabian-testing/147079/75?u=jimmbimm

when updating via openHABian-config entry 03.

Given many did the same and it worked for them, your statement, generic as you’ve put it, isn’t correct.
Without proper description, logs and analysis this statement isn’t of use here.

I copied the openHABian 1.8 image to a 32 GB SD card.
In openhabian.conv I changed clonebranch to openHAB3 and java_opt to 11.
Then I put the SD card in an RPi4 with 4GB RAM and let openHABian do it’s magic.

Version:     3.4.5 (Build)

User:        openhab (Active Process 805)
User Groups: openhab tty dialout audio bluetooth gpio

Directories: Folder Name      | Path                        | User:Group
             -----------      | ----                        | ----------
             OPENHAB_HOME     | /usr/share/openhab          | openhab:openhab
             OPENHAB_RUNTIME  | /usr/share/openhab/runtime  | openhab:openhab
             OPENHAB_USERDATA | /var/lib/openhab            | openhab:openhab
             OPENHAB_CONF     | /etc/openhab                | openhab:openhab
             OPENHAB_LOGDIR   | /var/log/openhab            | openhab:openhabian
             OPENHAB_BACKUPS  | /var/lib/openhab/backups    | openhab:openhab

When finally OH3.4.5 came up properly nice and clean I tried to update to OH4 via openhabian-config entry 03 and got this:

+ openhabVersion=
+ cond_redirect apt-get install --allow-downgrades --yes -o DPkg::Lock::Timeout= --option Dpkg::Options::=--force-confnew openhab= openhab-addons=
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ echo -e '\n\033[90;01m$ apt-get install --allow-downgrades --yes -o DPkg::Lock::Timeout= --option Dpkg::Options::=--force-confnew openhab= openhab-addons= \033[39;49;00m'

$ apt-get install --allow-downgrades --yes -o DPkg::Lock::Timeout= --option Dpkg::Options::=--force-confnew openhab= openhab-addons=
+ apt-get install --allow-downgrades --yes -o DPkg::Lock::Timeout= --option Dpkg::Options::=--force-confnew openhab= openhab-addons=
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Version '' for 'openhab' was not found
E: Version '' for 'openhab-addons' was not found
+ return 100
+ echo FAILED
FAILED

error.txt (45.8 KB)

Hopefully, this is not incorrect and too generic.

update and try 03 again, mind taking log

… does still not work

error.txt (38.6 KB)

Try again please

… now it worked, thanks.

log.txt (104.8 KB)