[SOLVED] Home Energy Meter HEM G3 AEON Labs GEN5 ZW095 do not report automatically

Just to be clear - what I’m looking for in the logs is the configuration of the association groups - not the configuration parameters as I want to check how this is configured by the binding.

1 Like

Yes I understand, and I think there is inconsistency between the number of report groups and the association groups as the former configures what will be reported to the latter.

Hi @chris
did you got a response from the “other” chris or anyone from Aeon Support?
Are they investigating the issue?

/Peter

No, I didn’t. I’ll give it another few days as it’s Chinese New Year and he might be on holiday.

Hi,
Any updates on this subject?
I just got my new HEM and intend to install it next week.
Thanks.

Hi,
I just installed a new HEM and I can confirm that the default Association Group is set to the controller.
However, as others have reported in this thread, I am having a difficulty getting it to report automatically every (set) seconds, not using the polling method (which can also be configured).

Did you solve the reporting bug?
This is really frustrating, nothing is being fixed and when I open tickets in www.cd-jackson.com no one is looking and even bothering to fix it. This thread should not be marked as “solved” as it is definitely not solved.
ticket open: https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/tickets/viewticket/ticketid-1281

Also, why is every configuration change is marked as Pending and not sent immediately?

Buy commercial software if you need something fixed immediately (I doubt this will work either)
We are all volunteers here and helping in our spare time.
What did you do in your spare time to help fixing the issue?

1 Like

Sorry, but the ticket system on my website is really just there to gain access to edit the database. This is the COMMUNITY support forum and people here are generally pretty helpful, but it’s no-ones job and we do have other things to do.

I can’t find this ticket - the ID is YOUR reference and means nothing. Can you tell me when it was opened please.

I guess this is a battery device, or it’s a mains device that is not communicating with the controller. The binding will mark everything as pending until it receives confirmation that it has been received by the device. Presumably that is not happening for some reason.

I understand this is no ones job, for me as well, as my technical knowledge is limited, seeing many other people facing the same issue, this thread is almost 2 years old and still not resolved.
I would happily fix things like this if they are not working if I only knew how.

This is a mains powered device.
What do you mean not communicating with the controller? If it was discovered by the controller and added as a thing, also reporting seeing neighboring nodes, doesn’t this mean it is communicating with the controller?

But you still complain when people don’t answer you quickly? :wink: Please try to be tolerant of others in the community.

This thread is marked as resolved - I haven’t checked who by, but I guess it was fixed and working for some. Yes, it’s old - that quite possibly means that you may have a different version of the device.

Exactly that - unable to talk to, or communicate with the controller.

No - it’s a wireless device - right? If the wireless link fails for some reason (eg out of range) then it will not communicate. If it was a battery device, and the battery goes flat - it won’t communicate. There are a multitude of reasons.

I am trying to learn here.
In the database device editor, what does it mean below, is it an error?

Endpoint 0 has no command class linked to the basic class.
Endpoint 1 has no command class linked to the basic class.
Endpoint 2 has no command class linked to the basic class.
Endpoint 3 has no command class linked to the basic class.

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide

I was the creator of the thread.
For me it was solved, because I found a workarround for my system.

like:

Maybe the better wording would be workarround.

Could you please help me here with the warning for this device?
I am trying to understand the error and get confused.
Could it be that the device in the database is built wrong with the BASIC class for each endpoint?

There is a description on the page I linked above -:

No - I don’t think so. There is not always a BASIC class linked for all devices. The “warning” is only for information. For sensor type devices, this is normally not applicable - again.

Thanks, I have seen that description. I am a rookie here so please excuse my ignorance.
What about the NIF check box. Does it need to be selected for the other 3 endpoints like in endpoint 0 ?

This just shows information on what the device reports - it’s not used by the binding at all so won’t impact on the use of the device.

So if I add the NIF check-mark for endpoints 1 to 3 it will do no harm?
Second, how do I update my setup with the updates from the “device list” website database (I hope I am clear as I don’t know the terminology you use to do that)?

No - it will make no difference to anything other than the tick in the display. If this is reported in the NIF, then it should have the tick so that we know what the device is reporting.

I do a binding update once or twice a week (normally on a Friday) and once this is done you need to update to the latest binding.