I’m pleased to announce that openHAB has now an official Visual Studio Code extension.
- Code snippets for openHAB including Design Patterns by @rlkoshak
- Syntax highlighting for openHAB DSL (rules, items, scripts and sitemaps).
- Integrated quick search of openHAB docs page (
Alt + Shift + O)
- Integrated Basic UI preview window (
Ctrl + Alt + Oor editor title icon)
openHAB2 code snippets:
Integrated search engine:
Intelligent sitemap preview:
This extension is available on the Visual Studio Marketplace -> https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=openhab.openhab
You can also install it manually:
openhab-0.1.0.vsixfrom this release page on your hard drive
- Open command line in the same folder you downloaded the extension
- Type the following command:
code --install-extension openhab-0.1.0.vsix
- Open Visual Studio Code
- Open openhab configuration (
There are a number of ideas that we’d like to implement in the extension (like incorporating LSP for better Xtend syntax validation).
I truly believe this will become a solid alternative for Eclipse SmartHome Designer.
In the meantime we’ll be working with @Kai to publish the extension in the VS Marketplace, so you won’t need to install it manually.