openHAB 4.1 Milestone discussion

Nevermind, still broken. It stayed stable for the night because no one was using the remote. The moment someone used it threads spiked and the whole system went sideways. I have 534 open threads that look like:

“HttpClient-23307-SelectorManager” Id=586871 in RUNNABLE (running in native)

And I’m again getting this error:

2023-10-05 11:33:58.179 [WARN ] [ab.core.internal.events.EventHandler] - The queue for a subscriber of type ‘class org.openhab.core.internal.items.ItemUpdater’ exceeds 5000 elements. System may be unstable.

It looks like the core had a Jetty “upgrade” between M1 and M2 which has broken the Hue API v2 binding …

A jetty upgrade came in M2 with the upgrade of Karaf to 4.4.4.
@wborn

Sorry I think some ALPN bundles went missing during the update. But fear not! I think we can get them back by also installing the pax-web-jetty-http2-jdk9 feature. I can create a PR and maybe you can help testing it @AndrewFG ? Seems like nobody used Hue on a recent snapshot build (or did not report this issue).

Happy to test if need be. How do I know when there is a build to test with?

Please try the latest 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT build (#3671). It should install those ALPN bundles again.

2 Likes

Thank you. Did a quick upgrade on my test system and the Hue Binding works again. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Rpi4 2G Bullseye. Upgraded from 4.0.2 stable to 4.1M2 via apt.
Three issues, nonfatal and all resolved at this point.

1. I haven’t noticed any issues, but this was a new warning on startup
Oct 10 10:01:11 openhab systemd[1]: Started openHAB - empowering the smart home.
Oct 10 10:24:40 openhab karaf[734]: SLF4J: No SLF4J providers were found.
Oct 10 10:24:40 openhab karaf[734]: SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
Oct 10 10:24:40 openhab karaf[734]: SLF4J: See https://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#noProviders for further details.
  1. Four IP Cameras (ONVID) hung in Initializing state. Deleted and recreated them as Reolink. Linked channels to existing items all seems fine.
  2. Stepper cards stopped working for my thermostat setpoints. Showed item as NaN I could still make changes in the sitemap using Setpoint and the item was shown correctly with the other items. Switched to Slider card and that worked.

Keeping an eye on the memory, but
shell:threads | grep -i httpclient | grep -i runnable | wc -l

is only 3 after 5 hours

Seeing the same issue.

For me stepper also does not work anymore.

If you use JDBC Persistence it should already be fixed: [jdbc] Fix logging not working by wborn · Pull Request #15722 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub

Thanks for the information. I could not tell whether that PR was in M2, (both seem to say 2 days ago) but I do use jdbc for mysql, so I’ll assume this will go away in the future or with a snapshot.

Stepper also no longer work for me. Moreover also the RGB Color slider widgets are no longer functional for me. I also get a Communication Error when I try to change a Color.

Hi, +1 for not working stepper cards.

Since installing M2, the oh-clock-card widget no longer displays any content for me. The frame is simply empty. Has anyone else observed this as well?

1 Like

I am seeing the same. With Inspect I get:

I have created a PR to fix that: Fix color picker not displayed correctly by florian-h05 · Pull Request #2136 · openhab/openhab-webui · GitHub.

I cannot reproduce that …

1 Like

Probably that’s just a thing of the iOS App. See screenshot below:

No, I have also noticed that on Linux Chromium.
I am pretty sure that it is a regression from one of my previous PRs, where I wrapped the color picker into a div to allow the user to set the style.

Could you please provide more details?

I guess that happens when the Item state is UNDEF (e.g. after an openHAB restart when the binding has not not updated the state yet). UNDEF obsiously cannot be parsed to a number, therefore NaN (not a number) is displayed.
I have checked the slider, it seems to command the state when the user interacts in that case following this scheme: Use minimum if defined, else use maximum if defined, else use 0.

I have implemented the same behaviour for the stepper in `oh-stepper`: Fix NaN shown for Item state with unit & Fix unable to control Item with NaN state by florian-h05 · Pull Request #2137 · openhab/openhab-webui · GitHub, however please note that NaN is still displayed if the state is not a number - this is correct.

If you confirm, that this happens when the Item has no number state (i.e. UNDEF or NULL), I will un-draft my PR.